Learning to Play?

madvitale
Whiteshield

Learning to Play?

Postby madvitale » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:39 am

I figured to start a 'play' thread for this game under the main topic, where we could ask each other about when someone was available to play. Place for lining up some learning games.
I can be available on weekends, mostly. Wed. will be hard for me until school is out, but not impossible if I arrange enough in advance.
For example, next Sat and Sun (4/16, 4/17) I am available from about noon on. Any interest? Maybe 4 of us could get together for a quick, low point round robin or something? Let me know.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

MadMike
Whiteshield

Re: Learning to Play?

Postby MadMike » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:06 am

Checking my schedule, looks like I have some free time on Sunday. I would be up for a game. :) How about 1:30?
Must paint more models... Must paint more... Must...

madvitale
Whiteshield

Postby madvitale » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:27 am

Works for me. I will be at OTW at 1:30 Sunday!
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

MadMike
Whiteshield

Postby MadMike » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Sounds good. I recommend 500 pts as a good starting place. See you then. :)

madvitale
Whiteshield

Postby madvitale » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:04 am

I worked out a list at 495....Eager to try the game. See you later today!

madvitale
Whiteshield

Postby madvitale » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:10 am

Mike , I just wanted to say that I had a GREAT time playing this with you yesterday! It was a really enjoyable afternoon of 'dice and destruction'! I learned a lot. This game is definitely a blast. There is very little down time. Something is always going on. The alternating activation is so refreshing and engaging. The time just flew by.

We now know a lot more about boarding, eh :!: Tiny Flyers, too!

I just remembered....My Fighter flyers have 'Acrobatic', which gives them a 'save' of a 5 pr 6 om a destroyed result! Wouldn't have mattered. As I recall, I still had all 4 of them.

I'll be looking for all the results of the questions you wrote down.

Anytime you want to try for another game, please let me know.
Thx!

MadMike
Whiteshield

Postby MadMike » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:23 am

It was a fun game and a lot of learning. I have the questions up on the Spartan forum right now waiting for response. Speaking of boarding, early answer seems to say a roll of a '5' on def AA kills a boarder. No 'aborting' them. :)

I appreciate your patience with me during the game as I either get a little too excited and forget a rule, or just want to double check in the text. I try to be a rule stickler when possible and its embarrassing when I flex something incorrectly. ;)

Looking forward to another game in the future. Perhaps once I get my new scouts painted!

Keep an eye on the question post as I should have it updated later today.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:06 am

The Scout Gyros?

I wish I could have made it out yesterday, soon I will be able to get out more. Though I did have a nice day making beer!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

madvitale
Whiteshield

Postby madvitale » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:24 am

Mike, I have ZERO issue with getting excited and maybe forgetting something! It was an exciting game! If your not getting some jollies from the activity, what's the point?
It's all about attitude, as we are all learning stuff, no matter WHAT the game is, and your attitude seems great to me.
I like to check the stuff I'm not sure of as well. As you may have noticed, we both had our noses in the rules book to try and help to find the rule we were looking for.

Again, great time. Very motivating to continue building/painting new models and getting more games in.

If anyone is considering joining in, please do so. This game is a lot of fun, and you really only need the starter set and the rules book to get really engaging 3-5 hour games in. For under $100, there can't be a lot out there that fits that bill......

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:54 am

Dystopian Wars is a lot of fun, low amount of cash to get into, and has a great background.

But just fyi, you can get into Malifaux for around $50, which is another game that has gained a lot in popularity in these parts.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Return to “Dystopian Wars”