Flash Gitz and MANZ...

Dez
Storm Trooper

Flash Gitz and MANZ...

Postby Dez » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:40 am

...Got so much better! I'm not sure if anyone else read the Ork FAQ and the new rulebook, but I'm really excited my 2 favorite unit got a boost.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Re: Flash Gitz and MANZ...

Postby Kinne » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:34 pm

I see that one of the FG upgrades now gives them Ignores Cover, which is sweet, but I don't see anything about MANZ. Are you referring to the change with power weapons? Don't forget that wound allocation is essentially gone, so their durability suffered a hit.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:35 pm

I don't think their durability took a hit at all, I'm talkin' 'bout Power Weapons. No longer will they fear those stinky GK Terminators! Throw MDG into the mix, and now they are beat sticks!

The more I think about it, the better Badruk has become. If he rolls 6's to hit, he can take out characters at S7 AP 2 not to mention tanks! He get's 3 shots, so with 3 Powda Grots of his own and 3 for the unit of Flash Gitz, he is going to be a snipin' fool! He isn't half bad in a challenge either, WS5 T4 3+/5++ and with a Painboy FNP! He gets 6 attacks on the charge at S5, the only thing he is missing is a Power Weapon of some kind...but I think the torrent of attacks might cover it.

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:08 pm

You should read the new rules for Slow and Purposeful.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:39 pm

I did! No more move through cover, straight movement. Manz cant Overwatch, but who cares? They can move, and don't really need an invuln or leadership boost anymore!

ADB

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:42 am

That's a huge shot in the arm to Slow & Purposeful. Although there aren't many units that have it. MANz, Thousand Sons and Obliterators are the only three I can think of.

Return to “Orks”