*BEEP BEEP* Snikrot got a new ride!

Dez
Storm Trooper

*BEEP BEEP* Snikrot got a new ride!

Postby Dez » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:40 pm

So not only can IC's attached to Snikrots Kommandoz outflank, but they can do it in a Battewagon with a Deffrolla. I'll try to explain why.

Kommandoz don't have the Scout special rule, they have Infiltrate. In the book, Infiltrate allows those units in reserves to Outflank. When declaring units in Reserves, you declare which units the IC are attached to and if they are in a Transport. So, by RAW, they aren't actually giving their vehicle the Scouts rule.

3 Units of Kommandoz, in reserves Outflanking, Inside Battlewagons with Deffrollas. That's my 'Ard Boyz gift to you, Orkz!

PS If you use this in friendly games without your opponent knowing, I will dreadsock you in the babymaker.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Re: *BEEP BEEP* Snikrot got a new ride!

Postby orkwarboss » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:02 pm

but they (kommandos) dont have a "dedicated" transport. Can this still be done??
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Rogue
Whiteshield

Postby Rogue » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:06 am

wait. ... wait... what? really? no... that can't be right. cause if so... hot DAMN, thats nasty.

wait... a battlewagon is never a "dedicated" transport, is it? i thought it was its own unit-thing that had units added to it? so it wouldn't be a dedicated transport for any ICs. thus... this doesn't work.
or am i wrong?

....and i agree with your final statement if this is in fact the case.
Hive Fleet Gremlin falls on your head.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:08 am

You cannot give apply the SCOUT rule to non-dedicated transports. Kommandoz have Infiltrate, which allows you to outflank. Deffrolla Battlewagon Kommandoz.

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:12 am

For example:

Declare Reserves. Warboss is attached to Kommandoz. I'm also keeping my Battlewagon in reserves, which the Kommandoz are deployed in. Since Kommandoz can Infiltrate and hence Outflank, I'm Outflanking with them.

Does that make better sense? It's totally jerky and RAW, but within the rules.

ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Pretty sure that won't fly, man. Were the transport Dedicated, they could outflank with it. Just being deployed in it at game start is not enough. Unless Snikrot gets the vehicle as Dedicated or otherwise confers that ability due to his abilities or the FAQ?
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:26 pm

I think that is also why you cant use chaos chosen marines (have infiltrate) throw them in a Land Raider with Abadon and suddenly outflank.
I think both the transport and unit need infiltrate. dedicated transports gain infiltrate if their parent unit has the ability.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:01 pm

I'm pretty sure you can with Snikrot, his rules say he comes on from any board edge from reserves. It says nothing about Outflank.

I'm going to have to look at whether the Kommandoz can again later, according to being a jerk...I mean RAW.

ADB

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:01 pm

pretty much what kev said, and u can only add ICs to snikrots unit not other units of kommandos. snikkrot has his own special rule. where as the kommandos only have infiltrate, which if a character joins them they lose it, and thus lose outflank because infiltrate is what gave it to them in the first place.

i am not sure about snikrots rule in terms of vehicles but i think it says his unit can come in from any board edge and a battle wagon is not part of his unit, where as a IC can become part of his unit.

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:31 pm

i thought that the IC needed to have the same special rule that the unithad in order to the unit use it unless it stated it in the rule.
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Return to “Orks”