Hardened Vet

Re: New Models

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Bring me your finest coffee!

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:45 pm

This makes me wonder if they are planning a new codex for the DE in the near future. I may hold off on my conversions til then.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:54 pm

The voidraven was in the last book I thought. It doesnt really look that different from the flyer that the DE currently have.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

AdamL
Whiteshield

Postby AdamL » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Ankaru wrote:This makes me wonder if they are planning a new codex for the DE in the near future. I may hold off on my conversions til then.

l think this actually confirms that GW IS releasing new DE soon. New flyers, recent new models, rumors circulating around like wildfire about DE stuff, yup sounds like DE are getting an update.
"Shoot the choppy and chop the shooty"

Guide to being an ork: Learn it, live it so you don't muck about!
http://matthewfarrer.files.wordpress.co ... wchart.png
Ork Taktikz
http://i.imgur.com/gKcI5cI.jpg

You can never have enough dakka for it is like the speed of light. You can come close but you can never attain it.

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:19 pm

Inquisitor Wall wrote:The voidraven was in the last book I thought. It doesnt really look that different from the flyer that the DE currently have.

The rules for the model are in the 5th edition codex. But they don't have model for it yet. A lot of people just used the other one and counted as voidraven.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:25 pm

AdamL wrote:l think this actually confirms that GW IS releasing new DE soon. New flyers, recent new models, rumors circulating around like wildfire about DE stuff, yup sounds like DE are getting an update.

Thing is I was planning on using my dark eldar in fantasy, converting if I needed to, amd using the dark elf weapons instead of spiky guns and such.

This recent update may make me put my plans on hold, depending on if they change rules or update them enough to not be completely outclassed. Here's to hoping they fix the vehicles to not die by small arms fire. Or by accidentally dropping my model a few inches. *rage*

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Codex is due out, the week after
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:51 pm

The more I look at those new wrack models the more I want to build a humonculus cult. My Kabal is nice but lacking in some areas. Certainly not style of course. But the new models look amazing and could be just the thing that can get me back in the swing of things. My dwarves and craftworld Eldar are good but really only useful as allies that can provide long range fire support.

Definitely going to see about getting at least a few boxes of the wracks to test them out. And I would need a homunculous. And more venoms and raiders. They at least would survive the blast from the vehicles blowing up more than kabalites.

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:20 pm

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Hae ... Collection

Well guys, this pretty much seals it. I'm certainly going to pick up this set. The price is less than all of them combined. Plus they are in plastic. I like it. When I get paid I'm going to preorder the box.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Ankaru, don't get sucked in. Or at least learn to do math better. It is literally the same as paying for all of them individually.

Order them all from Jadam, you get a 15% discount. You will save $43

~J

Return to “Dark Eldar”