Nurgle's Followers

Robopope
Whiteshield

Nurgle's Followers

Postby Robopope » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi everyone, another question about Chaos rules. In the rules for Epidemius's Tally of Pestilence, it says this:

Codex Chaos Daemons wrote:The Tally of Pestilence: Whilst Epidemius is on the table, keep a count of all models killed by followers of Nurgle (i.e. any Daemon of Nurgle, or model with the Mark of Nurgle, both friends and enemies) anywhere on the table. At the start of each of your turns, consult the table below to determine the effect of the Tally of Pestilence. From the beginning of that turn, and as long as Epidemius is on the table, these cumulative bonuses affect all followers of Nurgle (friend and foe!)

What I want to know is if Plague Zombies would count as followers of Nurgle for the purposes of the Tally of Pestilence. They do not have the Mark of Nurgle, but they are not required to have the Mark to benefit from the rule. They are, however, only able to be taken in an army led by a Nurgle special character and let's face it, Plague Zombies are very Nurgle-y.
In an hour of Darkness, a blind man is the best guide.
In an Age of Insanity, look to the Madman to show the way.

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Re: Nurgle's Followers

Postby Kinne » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:28 pm

The rule clearly states "any Daemon of Nurgle, or model with the Mark of Nurgle. . ."

Pretty self-explanatory.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:50 pm

I agree that they are pretty Nurgley, but they are neither demons or have the mark. The zombies in my take are more a victim of the circumstances as opposed to being willingly devoted to Nurgle.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:53 pm

No, plague zombies do not count.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Kevin's explanation really has it from the fluff point. They're not so much worshippers of Nurgle as victims of Nurgle's master works.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Return to “Chaos Daemons”