Codex Inquisition

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Codex Inquisition

Postby Grandmaster marc » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:46 pm

I happen to be one of the few to pre-order the codex and got it 15 min after it was released and I was quite ecstatic for it. I was how ever a little disappointed little with their creativity but I am already thinking up fun lists to use in it. Here are my comments:

Canon: It does provide a lot of fluff in the book on Inquisitors in the Eisenhorn series and other Inquisitors that are not mentioned very often. Then it does in clued Kazmarov and Coteaz as well as Valeria in the lore.

Warlord Traits: They have Ordo specific Warlord traits! Sadly 4 of which are exactly the same making it a little boring but those 2 extra make a little better. The warlord traits are actually pretty cool and can be selected even if the Inquisitor is not the primary detachment.

3.Wargear: Nothing new almost at all. All of the wargear is out of the GK codex other than the three relics which are very interesting, but there is only one I can see that could ever be used for competitive gaming.

Force Organization: They do not have the normal force organization chart. It insists of 1 HQ and the compulsory of 1 other HQ and 3 Elites. Interesting? They can be used as a primary detachment and their Elites count as troops in that case only.

Units: All of the henchman units are from the GK codex and presumably the new Sisters book, so if you have not seen the Sisters book there are "new" units. But you can make interesting combinations.

5a.
Vehicles: Only vehicles: Landraiders (all 3) Chimera, Rhino, Razorback, Valkyrie (No Vendetta :()
I don't know how I feel about this but I do think it is cool to be able to get a Valk as a dedicated transport.

5b.
Characters: So You know who is out? Coteaz and Kazmarov they dropped Velaria. Why? I do not know. As for Gregor Eisenhorn and party I hoped and dreamed for: notta. You have the wargear to barley make him and the other inquisitors in the fluff in the beginning of the book.

Conclusion:
A little bit of a let down for the lack of change, but I will find ways to make it work and to have fun with it.
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

-Popular Ultramarines Aphorism

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Codex Inquisition

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:46 pm

Really with all of their pictures and guess who's back they didn't make rules for eisenhorn? That is really sad. The book sounds like it could be pretty neat but nothing really impressive or all together different from using gray knights with ig allies.
Granted if they do a print version I would pick it up simply because I love the inquisition aesthetic.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:34 am

Funny little FoC shenanigans: Inquisition can ally with itself. So you could have Inq. primary, the Inquisition slot, and whatever you want as an ally. Which could be Inquisition if you're feeling smarmy.

This leads to a lot of Henchmen spam with Land Raiders as transports. That's a lot of AV14.

One interesting bit though, is that Inquisitors can take Divination. He's cheap and doesn't take up an Ally slot, so you could throw the model anywhere and hand out rerolls like a champ (hello Thunderfire Cannon).
Bring me your finest coffee!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm thinking mass Chimeras loaded up with Div Inquisitors, Psybolt, pack it full of psykers and servitors.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Dez wrote:I'm thinking mass Chimeras loaded up with Div Inquisitors, Psybolt, pack it full of psykers and servitors.

You could do the comedy option.

Inquisitor Primary detachment
HQ
Inquisitor 25pts

Scoring Elites
3x warrior accolyte 12pts
Land raider redeemer with psyflame ammunition 255pts

Inquisitor detachment
HQ
Inquisitor 25pts

Elites

Allied Guard detachment
CCS 50pts
Veteran squad 70pts
Hydra 75pts
Bring me your finest coffee!

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:48 pm

The ministorim priests are interesting, they have the stats of a guardsman +1ld and +1 attack flak armor and a 4+ invul and you can arm them better than alcholytes so the most expensive ranges option for them is the plasma rifle. Imagine 12 of them with plasma rifles.
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

-Popular Ultramarines Aphorism

Return to “The Inquisition”