This is what I got....

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

This is what I got....

Postby Grandmaster marc » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:37 pm

here is my list for the tourney probably, I have been trying to get an opinion on its updated version.

I would like an opinion on it

thanx
Attachments
Grandmaster tourney.doc
(20 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

-Popular Ultramarines Aphorism

hordeling
Whiteshield

Re: This is what I got....

Postby hordeling » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:39 am

i spose i can take a stab at it...seems pretty good, should have no trouble against other marines if you can get the right hits off, but hordes with guns and heavy armor might be an issue, but that's standard for grey knights i should think, what with all the medium strength stuff (5-7). could probably shave a few points here and there on weapon upgrades and melta bombs, i don't think strike squads or purifiers can even take melta bombs (don't have a codex here) and a few more models may make more headway then a lot of wargear on a few guys. Mobility is pretty good, since you can transport just about everything and reserving your guys won't hurt you too much if you need to. if i can offer advice on play style, just be aware that your mobility is easily cut down so your going to need to get there fast and hold on to what you got, don't expect to be flying around the board the whole game. all in all i think with some dialing in it could be a really competative list, if tricky, you only have 3 troops (after combat squading) so its got to be one of those pick your fights and be sure you win type armies, which tend to do very well against anything that doesn't spray a million bullets anywhere on the board.
Why hasn't anyone invented good rocket skates yet?

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:00 am

Melta bombs are a waste of points, Marc. <3 There are far better ways in the GK codex to deal with AV14 than a single swing in melee. Like Psycannons. Don't forget they're 4 shots stationary (or always for terminators) and they Rend.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:02 pm

Yes sir, combat squaddindg ifs for the objective games. I don't have many more models to put out but i should be able too take out the meltabombs and psybolts (thoses were extra any way) and put in like an incierator some where (only gk models i have left) or mabey a brother champ. ya light armor transposrts is all i got. and belive me that raven wont see turn 3 I know this for sure.
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:19 pm

Psybolts have some merit for sufficiently large squads (especially full ones) and vehicles. Not required, but nice.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:46 am

wo< melta bombs dont even exist............. so i guess i have to model hammers thats gonna suck. so i took out 4 meltabombs and 2 psybolts to have 1 unit of ten have psybolts thanks to erics cunning notability.

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:24 pm

modeled hammers! it was actually very easy. even out of swordsmen.

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Postby Xelloss » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:29 pm

Treat them exactly like power fists: one in every squad, NEVER on independent characters.
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:21 pm

why never? a gk gm wouldn't be too bad.

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Postby Xelloss » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Independent characters almost always have an edge in close combat over shooting. Part of that includes having an initiative stat above the norm. You want to take advantage of that, which precludes the use of weapons that make you go last. It's not a rule set in stone of course, you see stuff like chaplains armed with both a power weapon and a fist to give him the option, but this kind of thing gets expensive fast.
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

Return to “The Inquisition”