comparrison

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

comparrison

Postby Grandmaster marc » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:29 pm

so who do you tinks better lord diraigo or a dreadknight in terms of balanced. I was wondering becasue im thinking if I want him or a dreadknight in my list. and no there is NO "and" to this question lol
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

-Popular Ultramarines Aphorism

thade
Veteran

Re: comparrison

Postby thade » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:55 pm

They are very, very different things and fulfill very different roles in your army.

Draigo's a CC nightmare with a storm bolter, EW, and the IC rule. He's pretty specifically anti-infantry and very, very durable. He can effectively slog around without a unit (T5, 2+/3++, EW) and be fine...but he can attach to a unit and so selectively take only the ID/awful AP wounds that would otherwise incinerate your infantry. He's also S6 and goes to S10 versus Demons as a nice touch. And he has Psychic Communion (nice for reserves control), that template (or blast, I forget) psychic attack, on top of the usual Hammerhand. And his nasty, nasty sword is a Force Weapon.

Dreadknights are gigantic monstrous creatures you can give teleporter packs to. They have 2d6 armor pen and some nice weapon options meaning they can dish out punishment at range and take it to vehicles. They're big and scary and highly mobile, so the soak a good amount of fire (taking pressure off of your other units). They can get in your opponent's face very quickly with a PT and present them with a "handle me now" circumstance. Draigo can't do this. The Dreadknight's bare hands are Nemesis Force Weapons...the Great Sword has a decent shot at tearing open vehicles that moved 12" or more (rerolls to hit and pen), and the Hammer is ludicrous: 2d6 armor pen at S10.

They're both awesome and both serve very different roles. Which do you need more?
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:51 pm

deffinatly the dreadknight now that you make it clear becasue i need to take pressure off my transports. I just wasnt sure at the time because they are both tough and threatening just draigo was tougher. now i wish i could take the psy cannon off the arm that ists glued too :( so i can replace my generic grandmaster with him.
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:58 am

It's gonna be okay. <3 You're going to love your Dreadknight. You would have even more love for two Dreadknights.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:40 pm

ya i need to try this list i made because I have soooo much i could do to it if i don't like it but its pretty balanced now I traded a 185 pt librarian for a transport and a dreadnaught and melta bombs.

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Why take Melta bombs? They're only good for bunker-busting. Is there a bunker/Planetstrike mission? One single roll to hit on 4 or 6 will never be as good as multiple attacks buffed with stacks of Hammerhand and Might of Titan.

Master-craft somebody's something. <3 If unsure, make "something" into "psycannon".
Thade = Steve

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:50 pm

not enough psycannon models :( um i have also been contemplating trading the dread naught and grandmaster to draigo. the only reason i might want draigo just in case i face gk and i dont feel like getting destroyed by another draigo :P which is more than likely ill see how many extra 5 pt things i put on ppl i put a few :P and i dont have might of titan on any one.

Return to “The Inquisition”