For future reference...

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

For future reference...

Postby Grandmaster marc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:50 pm

so first the dread knight, It can have 2 shooting weapons. I know its not a walker so i was wondering can i fire both weapons then assault? can i fire both weapons at all?

second: an ordo hereticus inquisitor has and inferno pistol and a plasma pistol. i can only fire 1 per turn correct?

3rd: lets say a ordo malleus inquisitor has 2 plasma pistols are they twin-linked? or is there even a point to it if not?

I'm asking now so i don't screw ppl in the future.
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

-Popular Ultramarines Aphorism

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Re: For future reference...

Postby Xelloss » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:51 pm

1)Monstrous creatures can fire two weapons regardless of movement and assault moves.

2)Correct, he can only fire one weapon.

3)Nope. They count as two different weapons like that (unless there's a special rule I don't know of.)
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:52 am

Xelloss is correct on all three counts. There is no special rule that twin-links dual-wielding pistols. ;) That's a custom rule thing that we once saw, Mark...you and I teaming up against a crap ton of house-ruled Orks (which we summarily routed off of the table for daring the affront the Emperor's Light with their drooly little faces).
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:37 am

as far as i know the only model (non MC and non-vechile) who can shot 2 pistols was cypher. This was becuse of a special rule. he is not listed in the current Chaos book sad to say.
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:40 am

Fluffwise, a techmarine with a servo harness has two plasma pistols (twin-linked plasma pistol) mounted to one of the servo arms. So there's another gai...but you don't RAW buy the pistols for him as an option: they're part of the harness (his "fusion cutter" or whatever).
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Gaghiel
Whiteshield

Postby Gaghiel » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:24 pm

i know with some tyranids, if you equip them with 2 of the same gun, they are then twin linked. would this rule not apply? i dont have my books on me, so i cant check.
- Jeremy

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Ah, Tau also have the same kind of thing...if you give a battle suit two of the same gun, it works as a single gun, twin-linked. That's the Tau codex specifically though.

And the Tyranid codex has bearing only on...well, the Tyranids. ;)

If you buy two plasma pistols for a sergeant in a Space Marine codex (or an IG book)...a codex which has no ruling on two weapons of the same kind on a single model...then you go by the base rulebook ruling on it. Which is that you can fire only one gun a turn, so you have to choose one and shoot it.

So do you want to shoot this plasma pistol (single shot, S7, AP2, Gets Hot!) or that plasma pistol (single shot, S7, AP2, Gets Hot!). Not worth the additional points, to say the least. <3
Thade = Steve

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Postby Xelloss » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:29 pm

But it does give points for style! :mrgreen:
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

Gaghiel
Whiteshield

Postby Gaghiel » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:39 pm

does the space marine codex even allow you to buy 2 plasma pistols? since its specifically allowed to be bought in marc's case, my first assumption is the twin linked rule would apply. will have to dig my books
- Jeremy

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:26 pm

Gaghiel wrote:does the space marine codex even allow you to buy 2 plasma pistols? since its specifically allowed to be bought in marc's case, my first assumption is the twin linked rule would apply. will have to dig my books

Rules in any given codex hold no bearing on rules in any other codex; they are each different beasts, each meant to tweak and bend the rules in their own ways. Back before the GK update they had the "old style Force Weapons" that ignored Instant Death. Despite the overwhelming amount of other codecies in which purchased Force Weapons did not do this (indeed, the BRB ruled that they did not ignore ID) they still did...because that was their codex.

In short, the Tau and Tyranid codexes each have rules saying "Your battlesuit/bug-thing buys two of the same gun and it gets a single twin-linked version." The SM codecies do not have this. To my knowledge, neither does the IG book.

In answer to your other question, I can technically trade out my sergeant's chainsword for a plasma pistol and his boltgun for a plasma pistol...giving him two of the same weapon to fire. He can still only fire one of them in a given turn.

Not that I wouldn't like a twin-linked plasma pistol on my sergeants...but were it legal, we'd see it EVERYWHERE. You could just undo a Gets Hot! with your re-roll. The Techmarine can do this...but that makes sense; he's a freakin techmarine and can fix the thing on the fly. (Also, he's holding it waaay away from his body with a robo-arm.) Marines are not so lucky. And we should be greatful. ;) The last things we need are Vulkanized plasma pistols.
Thade = Steve

Return to “The Inquisition”