orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Re: GK FAQ is up

Postby orkwarboss » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:30 am

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

"Q: Can models in Terminator armour embark onto an
Inquisitorial Chimera? (p51)
A: Yes."
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:51 pm

If an orgyn can fit, I can see a termie fitting too.

Some interesting changes in both the rulebook and the GK book.

Mandrakes are deamons?! that's pretty weird. I guess Ill have to go back and read their fluff in both of my Codecies.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:19 pm

Inquisitor Wall wrote:If an orgyn can fit, I can see a termie fitting too.

This. I don't know how the model sizes compare side-by-side (although I really should know, with how often I've seen them in close proximity), but it makes sense. I would imagine they take up two spots normally, just as Ogryn do and they do in normal transports.

Mandrakes are deamons?! that's pretty weird. I guess Ill have to go back and read their fluff in both of my Codecies.

Isn't the fluff something like they're warp-bred monstrosities? At least I think that's what I remember from the description on the website. I could be remembering it incorrectly.

I'm really looking forward to getting home to read this. GW is blocked from work. There were a LOT of things about this book that needed to be clarified.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Wait, I'm thinking of one of the beasts. Are Mandrakes the stealthy ones?

If they are, they definitely changed the fluff. IIRC, they used to just be sneaky evil space elves. Now they have all of that "shadow" crap, so I could see some strong association between them and the warp to the point where they're somewhat daemonic. Of course, that should also mean that all god-specific (i.e. 'Zerkers, Plague Marines, etc.) marines should be daemons, as well as chaos sorcerers.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Inquisitor Wall wrote:If an orgyn can fit, I can see a termie fitting too.

Some interesting changes in both the rulebook and the GK book.

I am just looking at it from a base size vrs transport size. The Chimera is no bigger than a Rino yet can hold GK term while a Rino for BT, UM, BA, DA and Chaos would have its axels blown out if it attempted to hold a term.
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Yeah Mandrakes are the stealthy ones. That's why it seemed odd.

The transport thing could be the door size? large rear hatch that is kind of tall vs. 3 hatches that are kind of short. Not sure on the rationale, but I am okay with it. Their are fewer Chimeras in the GK book than rhinos in a marine army.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Yeah, you have to take Henchmen to get a Chimaera, which means also taking an Inquisitor. So your "cheap" alternative to a Land Raider requires you to fill up an HQ slot, is not an assault vehicle, has weaker weapons, does not give terminators Frag Grenades like a Crusader/Redeemer, and loses 2/4/4 off of its armor values. So it's less-likely to make it, your termies can't get out and assault, and assault terminators moving into terrain will strike last. Worth it? Nope.

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Kinne wrote:Worth it? Nope.

On the off-chance you take an Inquisitor from Ordos Malleus in TDA and you have him hang out with his Henchmen and they want a ride, it's worth it. I agree with you though: not a viable alternative to the LR for GK Terminators; a nice back-up in a pinch (the LRs are dead and you need to move your unit).
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Yeah, people are basically freaking out because "OMGZ, terminators in cheap transports!" Not realizing the above points.

Return to “The Inquisition”