So tell me the truth: how is the new GK Codex?

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Re: So tell me the truth: how is the new GK Codex?

Postby Kinne » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:21 pm

The simple fix to that is to separate Crowe from friendly units and let him take a charge solo. You might lose him, but if you get make sure he gets charges by a juicy monster or IC, well. . .then you want him to die.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Kinne wrote:The simple fix to that is to separate Crowe from friendly units and let him take a charge solo.

I love this for how purely fluffy it is; he has to confront the sword's efforts to kill him on his own. Also, it would make my PAGK into Purifiers. I'll save that for Ard Boyz. ;)
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:44 pm

The big problem is that you lose Warpquake, which makes you vulnerable to Vanguard Vets, Deep Strike armies and exposes your heavy vehicles to DSers with meltas. But against normal armies, you can pour out extra fire and be much better in close combat.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Kinne wrote:The simple fix to that is to separate Crowe from friendly units and let him take a charge solo. You might lose him, but if you get make sure he gets charges by a juicy monster or IC, well. . .then you want him to die.

That was my thought while looking over the Codex myself. I'm still thinking an all Henchman army would be pretty fun. Think of all the conversions...NO! That way can only lead to ruin! Run! Hide your exacto blades, they convertin' everyone up in here!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Dez, you ever play Dawn of War: Dark Crusade? Remember the Chaos army? Remember the little crazed non-space marine normal-human chaos droolers who'd run around "for the dark gods!" and just die en masse? Ever spam that unit?

YOU HAVE YOUR MISSION LAID DOWN BEFORE YOU.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:30 pm

The Cultists :)

I still play that to this day, just played it the night before (ME2 taking over!)

I play the Orks and spam Gretchin because you can make a TON of them! Of course they are useless....

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Dez wrote:I play the Orks and spam Gretchin because you can make a TON of them! Of course they are intensely awesome....

Fixed.
Thade = Steve

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:11 pm

I actually find it more balanced but paladins don't make sense to me they should be i dont know "fearless!" and the power armored ones just die alot. the librarian abilities are my favorite part. i just didn't have fun steam rolling a guy with 17 paladins. I honestly don't find them fun unless you make a fun list of course plus the complaining and mocking i get the whole game dosent help either.
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

-Popular Ultramarines Aphorism

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Truth be told, ATSKNF is MUCH better than Fearless. Yes, they can fail a Morale or Pinning check, and yes, your opponent can keep a unit within 6" and chase them off of the table. But when you're Fearless, you're always taking wounds from combat res. Space Marines only take those wounds if they fail their Ld test AND they can successfully break away from combat, regroup, and assault later rather than being stuck in it for the rest of the game.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:53 pm

I was thinking the same thing perusing the BA codex. Though I see it mOre as an Ork player, and kinds think it's a handicap at times.

ADB

Return to “The Inquisition”