So tell me the truth: how is the new GK Codex?

thade
Veteran

Re: So tell me the truth: how is the new GK Codex?

Postby thade » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Dez wrote:I'll put my Orks up against' some Blingy Boyz any day!

Challenge accepted. Still need to paint and assemble tho. ;)
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:12 pm

MANz against Pallies would be an interesting fight. An equal number of points would result in five dead Orks (assuming Cybork Bodies and a Brotherhood Banner/successful psychic check to activate the NFWs with Falchions), with the Orks assaulting. Then the orks would kill five Pallies. If the Pallies assaulted, the Orks would lose seven and kill three in return. Still. . .lots of multi-wound death!
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Kinne wrote: Still. . .lots of multi-wound death!

Yea, I expect a blood-bath...but it's been long in the making. I've put untold volumes of bolter ammunition into Would-alloc Nobs only to come back with zero down. They are insanely durable.

I was hoping more of the GK codex would feature that, i.e. models more expensive and fewer of them...but it is what it is. Codex still looks fun.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:46 pm

TBH I don't use Nobz anymore (Except Manz/Flash Gitz) because everyone complained about them. Ork Players worth their fungus don't need them to win anyway ;)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Dez wrote:TBH I don't use Nobz anymore (Except Manz/Flash Gitz) because everyone complained about them. Ork Players worth their fungus don't need them to win anyway ;)

Ha! My only complaint is that I haven't figured out a way to kill them yet that doesn't involve a unit of Hammernators (which I still refuse to field). They're also crazy expensive, so it's not like they're *broken*. They're just a LOT of trouble.
Thade = Steve

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Whoah, I think you are the first person that plays MEQ I've ever seen admit that!

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:14 pm

IMO, they're not broken, just incredibly irritating. They're a crapton of points, even for ten nobz without mega armor after they're kitted out. The biggest thing that irks me is that they used to be the only (now Paladins fit the bill too) unit that could take ten wounds and not lose a single model. That, combined with how much they could slow the game down, is why I hates them. And I think the meta of 40k has shifted enough to make them a less end-all choice on the international gaming scene (with so many Thunderhammers and S8+ pie plates floating around).
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Krymson86
Whiteshield

Postby Krymson86 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Crowe is the character that makes Purifiers a troops choice. But Crowe himself sucks,lol. But he's got enough psycannons to back him up that it's more than good enough.

Dez, Orks could definitely be an interesting match up for GKs, depending on what list you took. 45 Flash Gitz = auto win apparently,lol.
Vyros Nyarr for Incassar 2012! Elves! Bringing swords to gunfights and winning since the beginning of time

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:57 pm

I WISH I could take 45 Flash Gitz in a normal game! It costs me about 1100 points to take 20 of them fully kitted out with Badrukk in 2 units. That's not counting transports.

ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Orks have always been my hardest fight for my marines; that codex is a rock in the right hands. (Dez, Josh, and Michael come to mind.) Hardest fight does not translate into "broken". ;)
Thade = Steve

Return to “The Inquisition”