What counts as a demon/daemon?

Xelloss
Whiteshield

What counts as a demon/daemon?

Postby Xelloss » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:47 pm

I'm curious as to what exactly counts as a demon/daemon in the game. Clearly the list includes just about the entire demon codex, the greater and lesser demons of the CSM codex, and the avatar in the eldar 'dex (probly a few others I'm missing.)

The grey area's are stuff like the soul grinder and other possessed vehicles, possessed CSM, spawn, CSM demon princes (the non-psychic ones.) The tagline of a "psyker" is pretty clear, the tagline of demon is less so. Kinda wanted to toss in Dark eldar beasts considering the fluff says that they're warp spawned, but there is nothing in the rules whatsoever that ID's them as demons, and the whole codex is psyker free, so that's out too.
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

NallTWD
Whiteshield

Re: What counts as a demon/daemon?

Postby NallTWD » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Warp beasts aren't so much demons, as they're more animals from another dimension. If you take the fluff as it is, demons are sentient beings crafted by gods. Now, because the warp is simply put, another dimension, I'd expect there to be animals just as much as "intelligent beings" in the form of demons. They're called beasts for a reason, after all.

Return to “The Inquisition”