Exhibition Week One!

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Exhibition Week One!

Postby Kinne » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 am

Hey there, sports fans! It's time for another season of everyone's favorite fatal sport, Blood Bowl! I'm Bob Overhausen, and joining me in the booth is everyone's favorite retired player, Big Jim Flatnose!

Thanks Bob. I'm glad to be here.

Spoken like a true pitch hero, Jim. Anyway, it's shaping up to be a great first season for the newly-founded Phoenix League. There are nine teams on the schedule with room for a few more late entries, and there are some promising stars looming over the horizon.

Y'know, Bob, I'd say the greenskins are heavily favored for this season.

Of course, Jim, when you consider that there are four orc teams and a goblin team. It's simple odds.

I'd have to say, Bob, I'm not a fan of orcs. Their skulls are just too thick to punch through with a bare fist.

. . .Uh, thanks for that, Jim. Getting back to a rundown of this year's season, we have the aforementioned greenskin teams out in force, with the Stompa Bay Bukk'neerz, Greenskin Packers, Orcsburgh Stranglers and the Orcland Raiders, not to mention the diminutive but deadly goblins, the Karak Eight Peak Packers. Unless they're careful, the other teams are likely to get drowned under a wave of rancid green flesh.

The orcs are still going to have a tough time of it, Bob. We have three fast-moving elf teams this year, representing each branch of that race. Y'know, Bob, with the way they crunch, I'm willing to bet elves have hollow bones like a bird. Hur.

. . .Right. As you were saying, there are three elf teams this season, the Philadelfia Eagles, Naggarond Paleskins and Amherst Lord Elfs. With that many centuries of mixed feelings, I'm sure we'll have several bloody matches.

But let's not forget our final team, Bob, the Slaan D'iego Scarred Ones. Those lizards can't be underestimated. They're tough. They're hides are thick. And they're teeth are sharp. Why, I remember when my old thrower, Griff Longshot, was bitten in half by one of those kroxigors. I mean, the blood was just--

I think that's enough reminiscing for now, Jim. So here we are at the start of a very promising exhibition to the Phoenix League's first season. Stay tuned for updates as the action kicks off tomorrow night, and these teams start fighting for the honor of the Spike! Magazine trophy. For Jim Flatnose this is Bob Overhausen saying, "See you on the pitch!"

Alright folks, exhibition starts tomorrow night. You'll then have two weeks to get as many practice games in as you can before you have to finalize your rosters and get them in to me.

IMPORTANT NOTE -- Given the number of players we have in the league, players will be allowed to play two regular season games per week, for a total of twelve in the six weeks. Don't forget the new opponents bonus, and start thinking about who will be your league rival, as those will be chosen just before the regular season starts.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Re: Exhibition Week One!

Postby Kinne » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:55 pm

How'd this week go? Did anyone manage to get a game in? I had a good 'un myself, with the Philadelfia Eagles squaring off against the Orcland Raiders. It ended in a 2 - 2 draw, but I claim a moral victory for injuring three Raiders players, and knocking out another three, suffering only a single injury and no KO's myself. Shiny elf armor FTW!
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Hur hur krumped by Panzees, weedy Orcland Raidaz!

I didn't get a game in, I was testing out Malifaux (which I found to be almost as fun as Blood Bowl!). I'm moving next Wednesday, so I'll miss out then as well. I guess Da Stompa Bay Bukk'neerz are just going to have to come out the gate WAAAAAAAGHING!!!!

I also saw Ben and Dan playing a game too.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Nope, my exhausted cracked on Monday, and I needed to fix my stupidly loud car on Wednesday. We'll see what happens next week.

~J

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:12 pm

I cant get you guys discouraged during the preseason. So I am waiting for the real season.

Just you wait. (cue maniacal laughter)
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Well that's it, Kevin I think we need to be Rival Teams! I'm gonna bash dem!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Swooping_Raven
Whiteshield

Postby Swooping_Raven » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:40 pm

AMHERST LORD ELFS LOSE PRE-SEASON OPENNER 2-0

"We're a young team with much to learn. We're looking at middle of the pack objectives this year. Our short term goals include finding our offensive punch. When an elf team can't score a touchdown, that is a major concern. We'll have to make some line-up changes and work harder in practice. Our most important long term goal for the season is going to be keeping as many of these guys alive for as long as possible. If we can do that, we should be able to finish 6 games, and hopefuly win 3 of them. It's a rebuilding year."
"Duh Army wot getz dayuh duh fastest wit duh mostest iz gonna be duh wininest." Warboss Gorglesnort, brilliant Ork strategist.

Rogue
Whiteshield

Postby Rogue » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:06 am

Sadly, there will be no exhibition games for the Scarred Ones... Like Stompa Bay, they're just gonna have to kick ass and take names right outta the gate.

And Kevin, just you wait.... we'll take your pansy elves and eat em for dinner... :lol:
Hive Fleet Gremlin falls on your head.

Return to “Fall Blood Bowl League”