Season Three Approacheth!

Old Event Threads
Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Season Three Approacheth!

Postby Kinne » Tue May 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Alright folks, I hope you've enjoyed your Warmchine/Hordes break, because it's about to come to an end! Season three, "Thornwood", starts up in just under three weeks. Here's a link to the info page on Privateer's site. Aint them patches pretty? Anyway, there're a few things that will be a little different about this season. For starters, I, your wonderful club officer, will be co-captaining this bad boy alongside Natalie. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, you can bring them to either one of us. Also, since there have been a few logistical difficulties in the past, I would like to take a moment to clearly state the rules this time around. I suggest taking a moment to read them, as some things might have changed or not been clear in the past.

Alliances
It has been very difficult, if not impossible, for certain players to earn the Alliance patch in previous seasons as there has not been a player available who plays their allied faction. This time around, we're going to mix it up. To earn the Alliance patch, you can either play two team games paired up with the declared ally for your faction, using two different warcasters/warlocks as per normal. As an alternative, you can substitute two team games with any faction for one team game with your allied faction. You can substitute both ally games in this fashion, meaning you would play a total of four team games with any faction other than your allied faction, and you would qualify for the ally patch. Note that, since the rules state you have to play both allied games with different warcasters/warlocks, we're carrying that rule over into this exception, so you would have to use a total of four different warcasters/warlocks. This also means that you must state which warcaster/warlock you used for each team game.

Game Limits and Reporting Games
This is more a restatement from previous seasons, but you are limited to five games per week that you can report for points. These must be the first five games you played that week. You are not allowed to pick and choose which games your report. Feel free to play more games beyond this. And yes, if you play more than five games, your opponent can earn points for playing against you even if you cannot. I would also ask that you report games within a day or two. If you want to be really nice, the best way to keep track of all of your games (for you AND us) would be to either start a thread in this forum, or create a document in the Facebook group.

Eligible Opponents
The line between eligible and ineligible opponents was a little blurry for the last two seasons. This time around, only people that have paid their entry fee are eligible opponents. As soon as someone pays their fee, their name will be added to the roster. If their name is not on the roster, you get zero points for reporting a game against them, and any games reported against such opponents will not count towards the patches, either. And no, games played before a player was eligible will not count if they later sign up. So encourage your friends to sign up! I'll be around every Wednesday night (right about six), and you can also get your entry fees in to Natalie, Jonah, J Rzasa or Brian, so no excuses! And speaking of entry fees. . .

Entry Fees
We're keeping entry fees down. Really down. In fact, they're cut in half. Entry fees will only be $1 for members, $2 for non-members. The entry fees are going to go toward purchasing additional medals to be awarded to the season one and season two winners.

I believe that takes care of it for now. I'll update this post as needed. And consider the signups officially started. You can get your entry fee in to any of the people listed above starting today, and your name will be added to the roster. We just need to know which faction you'll be playing, so we can post that up to. And speaking of factions, here're the alliances for Season Three:

Trollbloods - Cygnar
Menoth - Cryx
Khador - Retribution
Mercenaries - Thornfall
Circle - Legion
Skorne - Blindwater
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

whytwolf
Lord General

Re: Season Three Approacheth!

Postby whytwolf » Wed May 30, 2012 7:57 am

I will be playing, but most likely this time with Khador. FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!

(If there are too many other Khador players signed up, I may go back to Skorne).
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Kharn
Hardened Vet

Postby Kharn » Wed May 30, 2012 8:06 am

I am in on this one. Playing Trollbloods.
Do you see what's going on, it's change. The longer the changes improve.

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Wed May 30, 2012 8:19 am

Also, one thing I left out - Jonah and I have both won a season, so we're out of the running for the next two seasons. However, to ensure that you have to actually work for a medal, you must accrue at least twenty points to be eligible to win. If only previous winners cross the twenty point mark, then they could win a second season. But twenty points is EASY! You could lose ten fifty-point games and get there!
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Return to “Old Events”