Warhammer 40k Tourney, Off the Wall Games (09/25)

Old Event Threads
whytwolf
Lord General

Re: Warhammer 40k Tourney, Off the Wall Games (09/25)

Postby whytwolf » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:13 am

I also wanted to ask: How did everyone feel about the point increase?
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Rogue
Whiteshield

Postby Rogue » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:20 pm

see, so many of the other non-club tourneys that i've played in have been 1850... it didn't even matter. *shrug*

i'd like to try a couple of different point tourneys at some point. like 1500 or 3000. :D or hell, 750 or 500. wouldn't that be fun? a bit like the kill teams of old. kill teams? that what it was?
there were all kinda crazy rules, like no creatures/people with more than 3 wounds... no armor totalling more than 32, etc. i can't remember the rest of them. those were a blast and could be finished in a matter of hours.
Hive Fleet Gremlin falls on your head.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:55 pm

I love Kill Teams, played last night ;) I tink Fisher runs a Kill Teams tournament once a year at Base Camp.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Those were the Combat Patrol rules, Jen. I played in one a few years ago. It was pretty fun. You also get to play more than three opponents, since each round is only 45 minutes or something like that.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Mockingbird42
Whiteshield

Postby Mockingbird42 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 pm

I would love a tournament that slowly increased in points, but in every battle you had to use what was in all of your previous lists: So something like a 500 point game, a 1k game, 1500 game and 2k game, but each list was just an extension of the other ones. It would help balance the tournament (I believe) as each army scales differently with points, so armies that perform better at 1k, but not as well at 2k get a game at both points. Also, since there are games at 500 points and you have to use that as a basis for your next list it may make it more difficult to mech up 100% like so many armies try to do and add a bit more diversity to the pool.
Dunno, just a thought

Return to “Old Events”