Warhammer 40k Tourney, Off the Wall Games (09/25)

Old Event Threads
Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Re: Warhammer 40k Tourney, Off the Wall Games (09/25)

Postby Kinne » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Just a reminder that the deadline for entry fee and army list submissions is two weeks from yesterday! You must get your army list and entry fee in no later than September 11th.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Also, I've had one question about the scenarios thus far, and I thought I'd post the ruling here so everyone would be in the loop:

Q -- If a Mawloc emerges from beneath the enemy base in the "All Your Base" scenario using the "Terror From the Deep" special rule, is the building treated as an enemy model and moved? If yes, and it cannot move (due to impassable terrain or other models), is it destroyed?

A -- No to both parts. The base is treated as impassable terrain, and the Mawloc would be destroyed as per the normal Deep Strike rules for scattering onto it. If the mawloc scattered near it and the template touched the base, it would suffer a S6 hit (and ignore it) and remain stationary, but the mawloc would survive if it could be placed more than 1" away from the building.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:15 pm

A reminder -- entry fees and army lists are due one week from today. If you do not get both of these items in by 11:59PM on Sunday, September 11th, you will not participate in the tournament. No exceptions.

Gangrel767
Whiteshield

Postby Gangrel767 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Are there still open slots? I have a couple friends who are interested as well. I have Eldar, and my friends field Orks and Ultramarines... possible an IG friend, too. Please let me know.
Listen to us on the Veterans of the Long War Podcast!

Check out our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/VeteransOfTheLongWar
Or check us out on Podomatic or iTunes!

"What we do in Life, echoes in Eternity" - Maximus Decimus Meridius

oninosweeney
Whiteshield

Postby oninosweeney » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:51 pm

there's 13 people listed right now for a 16 person event.... if you get money and list in quick you could get in. first come, paid and submitted list, first served.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Basically what Jeff said. There is only one person who has submitted their list AND entry fee, so there are fifteen open slots as it stands. The rest of the names are on the alternates list. If you get your list and entry fee in, you go right on the registered list and are guaranteed a spot.

Just note, though, that the deadline to sign up is this coming Sunday, the 11th, so get your friends to sign up soon!

hordeling
Whiteshield

Postby hordeling » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:44 pm

list is sent
Why hasn't anyone invented good rocket skates yet?

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:10 am

Since I got held up and couldn't make it to OtW last night, I'm going to give people an extension of sorts. If you had the cash ready last night, and don't have a PayPal account, you can give me the money next Wednesday. However, you still have to get your list in by Sunday and be sure to PM me and let me know that you are planning on turning in the money this coming Wednesday.

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:24 am

List and payment sent! <3
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Rogue
Whiteshield

Postby Rogue » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:59 pm

yay, my list is sent!
Hive Fleet Gremlin falls on your head.

Return to “Old Events”