The Siege of Blutenschloss Signups (07/23)

Old Event Threads
Kinne
Master of the Administratum

The Siege of Blutenschloss Signups (07/23)

Postby Kinne » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:38 am

To the south of the Empire, separated by the daunting Grey Mountains, the lands of the Border Princes stretch over vast and sparsely populated distances. Inhabited by hardy folk living hard lives, the Border Princes were all but ignored while the rest of the Old World turned its eyes north, to Middenheim and to the Chaos invasion. Many of the axe-bitten mercenary companies that often served the princes in their endless wars against greenskins and bandits scented profits far greater in the approaching campaign, and the Border Princes are now only defended by small, personal armies and simple folk taking up the sword to protect what little they have. Blutenschloss, the stalwart fortress of Prince Mannheim von Ehrungson, stands as the first and most formidable obstacle between marauding armies with evil intent and the vulnerable lands beyond. Can a pitifully small band of defenders, cobbled together with haste, hope to stand firm in the face of the terrible storm that is about to break upon them? Or will they fall, and with them, the hopes of defending all that men have fought so hard to claim as their own?

Alright folks, I've talked to many of you one-on-one about the upcoming megabattle, but I wanted to get an official signup list posted. Everyone should endeavor to arrive no later than 10:30, and have their armies ready to go by 10:45. Turns will be limited to no more than 40 minutes per side, so the battle should conclude no later than 7:00 (and will hopefully end earlier if we can keep the pace up!).

Forces will be divided between Forces of Destruction and Forces of Light, with our two neutral factions (Tomb Kings and Ogres) being assigned to either side depending upon registration. The lists of who will be fighting for which side will be posted publicly, and players will be encouraged to communicate beforehand so they can build their lists to work alongside one another.

This will be a castle siege, and as such will be using siege rules. These will be modifications from the old Warhammer Siege rules out of the 6th edition rulebook, brought up to speed with the current edition of WHFB. These will also be publicly posted as soon as we have them ready to go, so players will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rules and, again, build their lists with the special circumstances in mind. We will also post our final decision on how the Magic Phase will be handled ASAP for the same reason (we had hoped Storm of Magic would handle megabattle magic, but that, sadly, does not seem to be the case).

Models do not have to be painted, but should be fully assembled and (preferably) WYSIWYG. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM me.

Forces of Light
Kinne, Dwarfs
Jonah, Dwarfs

Forces of Destruction
Dez, Warriors of Chaos

Neutral Factions
Randy, Ogres
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: The Siege of Blutenschloss Signups (07/23)

Postby Dez » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:12 am

FOR THE DARK GODS....oh wait, wrong system. Oh well, I'm in.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Randy
Whiteshield

Postby Randy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:02 am

Im in
Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
George S. Patton

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:30 am

Jonah, with Dwarves.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:06 am

Due to a domino effect of fail, my wife's grandmother's 90th birthday has been rescheduled to...drumroll please.....July 23rd. It's in Eastern MA, and we're the ones bringing her...so I'm going to have to withdraw from this.

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Lakomasoi
Whiteshield

Postby Lakomasoi » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:55 am

Would love to do this but already had plans, good luck guys

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:38 pm

I'm 90% sure I'm in for this. Since there seems to be no destruction players, I'll throw down Gobbos.

Jonah, I may need to talk to you about borrowing some Orc stuff. Maybe.

~J

Collin
Whiteshield

Postby Collin » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Going to try to come but will depend on work.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:48 am

Sorry I couldn't make it, how did it go?

ADB

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:24 pm

It went well, it was fun. Just 4 of us, but we really needed more space. Too many Siege Towers not enough Wall Sections. Not really sure who won, had to pack up and get out of there fast.

~J

Return to “Old Events”