4th Annual 131 Gamer Auction and Bitz Swap (06/25)

Old Event Threads
Kinne
Master of the Administratum

4th Annual 131 Gamer Auction and Bitz Swap (06/25)

Postby Kinne » Tue May 31, 2011 9:36 am

It's that time of year again, time for The 131 to host its annual gamer auction and bits swap! This year, it will all be going down on Saturday, June 25th at Off the Wall Games in Hadley. Here's the schedule:

12PM -- 2PM -- Bitz Swap! Bring in your bits buckets and buy/sell/trade with your fellow plastic crack addicts.
2PM -- 4PM* -- Auction! Swing on by to bid on items being sold by local gamers! Check below for more info on this.
4PM -- ??? -- Bitz Swap Strikes Again! Didn't show up early enough for the first swap? Still have some bits left? Well swap them after the auction!

*This is a general estimate on time. The actual end time may (and probably will!) vary.

Alright, so this is how the auction works -- local gamers enter their unwanted gaming stuff into the auction, and other local gamers get the opportunity to bid on it. If your items sell, you get store credit at Off the Wall in an amount equal to the final bid(s). This store credit must be spent on Games Workshop/Citadel or Privateer Press items only. This is because those two companies have similar retailer cost, and it saves a lot of headaches after the auction is over. You also must spend this store credit within one month, so by July 25th. For the auction itself, each lot starts at a minimum bid (set by the person who enters the lot) and bids increase at a minimum of fifty cents. And it's a great opportunity to get some new hobby material on the cheap, which is great considering all of the price hikes we've been facing lately!

There are a few changes from previous years. This year, you must submit the paperwork for entering lots no later than one week before the auction, so by June 18th. Note that you do not have to bring in the items themselves. If you enter items into the auction, you must show up no later than ninety minutes before the start of the auction, so by 12:30PM on the 25th.

If you would like to enter items into the auction, simply contact me, the Event Organizer, via PM or e-mail and request the number of lots that you would like. I will send you a message no later than next Wednesday, June 8th, informing you of how many lots you can have, and you will then have a week-and-a-half to fill out the attached auction form and submit it to a club officer. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or contact me.

And that's that! So start getting your stuff together and get ready to auction it off!
Attachments
Auction Form 2011.doc
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: 4th Annual 131 Gamer Auction and Bitz Swap (06/25)

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:45 am

I asked for 4 lots, so here they are:
1- Malifaux Lilith crew sealed in box, with young nephilim blister- $25.00

2- 5 Warriors of Chaos Knights, 15 Warriors of chaos HW and Shield. $15.00

3- 2 Eldar Falcons 1 assembled 1 New in box- $25.00

4- 1 Ork Plastic Dreadnought- $10.00

If there are extra spaces for lots

5- 19 On sprue Gors (Combination of ungors and gors)- $15.00

6- 1 Sealed box of Empire Flagellents $20.00

7- 20 Assembled Dire Avengers- $30.00

Break out the check books lady and gentlemen.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:01 pm

what are people looking for bits wise? I can only stay till 3 and I have too much to lug up and than lug down to sit in the truck all night. I myself could use more DA robed bodies if anyone has some.
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Ill be bringing lots of Space marine, and IG bits. I also have a large number of bases if anyone needs me to bring some, let me know which size and how many you need.
Wyrd Henchman

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:25 pm

The Bitz will be there in spades from me as well!

I think that Ork Dread is going to make a really nice addition to Da Goff Krumpany :)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kharn
Hardened Vet

Postby Kharn » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:32 pm

1-4 10 Terminators
5 - 8 if allowed 30 Space marines and tanks
Do you see what's going on, it's change. The longer the changes improve.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:23 am

FYI I'm going to be at Off the Wall in about an hour, and I've filled up my trunk with bits and stuff. So if anyone is looking to trade or are looking for some stuff, I'll be there until about 4PM.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:36 am

Ill be there for 12:00.
Wyrd Henchman

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks for the fun trades. Now to putter with my new toys.
Wyrd Henchman

Rogue
Whiteshield

Postby Rogue » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:45 pm

yay stuff!
Hive Fleet Gremlin falls on your head.

Return to “Old Events”