Converting Orks

Ankaru
Veteran

Converting Orks

Postby Ankaru » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:12 pm

I have an idea for counts as war bikers, and I hope it doesn't sound too silly. I was thinking of creating Ork centaurs, kind of like if a crazy pain boy got creative with dead cavalry and Orks lying around. Basic idea is using random cavalry bodies and putting Orks on them and outfitting with appropriate weapons.

Is this idea too insane or is it Orky enough to work?
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Ankaru
Veteran

Re: Converting Orks

Postby Ankaru » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:04 pm

I managed to actually complete my Ork centaurs I used fantasy armored horses that conveniently are built with heads that are separate from the body. I simply put Ork bodies in place of the horse heads. They fit really well, minus a tiny gap in back which i think I can cover with green stuff.

Now the only thing I really need to do is figure out how to put big guns on the horses. Any ideas for that?
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Corwin
Whiteshield

Postby Corwin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:09 pm

You could have the barrel of the gun shoulder mounted and the body of the gun where the saddle should be so it looks strapped around the belly.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:33 pm

I'm not really sure how to do that. You mean like a canon type gun on the back? I'm having a hard time picturing what that kind of setup would look like.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:04 pm

Goblins riding on the back, of course.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:35 pm

Dez wrote:Goblins riding on the back, of course.

Well I do have plenty of grots, though not sure if they could even lift the guns which are essentially heavy bolters, just with less ap.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:30 am

Just make little stands/mounts for the big shootaz that attach to the saddles.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Return to “Painting and Converting”