Slim's Workbench: now with 50% more clutter!

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Slim's Workbench: now with 50% more clutter!

Postby Slimnoid » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Rather than clutter the space up with multiple threads, this is going to be my general "what I'm working on" space. Easier for my scatterbrain mind to track, at least.

First up, Kamilah! She's to take 3 jobs, more or less: As a D&D character, the leader of my Norse warband, and the Chaos Lord for my WoC army. She took...way, WAY too long to make, as you can tell. Used the body of a Bloodletter, feet from a Marauder, the axe and hands from a Cryx model, and the head from an IG model plus a metric ton of greenstuff. The shield on her back is made almost entirely from GS.

Next up, for the same Norse warband, a pair of Berserkers. Fairly simple hack n' slash job, though that Bloodletter sword was kind of tricky to get right.

Here, a WIP of the Wulfen hero from the Norse band. Modelling it to be a were-hyena (more like a gnoll, really). The other hand is going to have a chunk of meat in it that he'll be snacking on.

This is to be for the Mordheim campaign, a ruined tavern. Still very much in progress. The roof is up next, which isn't going to be a whole lotta fun lemme tell you.

Bring me your finest coffee!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Slim's Workbench: now with 50% more clutter!

Postby Dez » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Awesome! But why not start a Tale of Many Gamers blog?
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:36 pm

Dez wrote:Awesome! But why not start a Tale of Many Gamers blog?

I'll be doing that when I start my WoC army, which is still a ways off.

This spot will mostly be less focused, for the various one-off things I do. This will include the occasional D&D mini or commissioned piece.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Sun May 01, 2011 2:46 pm

A work-in-progress were-hyena for my Norse warband. Just about done, just have to fix a few naggling details and he'll be ready to paint.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:58 pm

Malifaux! I've been working my butt off for the past week on these, and these are the results so far. I'm really enamored with the concept of making expansive, detailed bases for this game; eventually I'd like to install lights into future projects (boy will that be a learning experience!).

From left to right: Hunter, Steamburg Executioner, and Guardian.

C. Hoffman and Ramos. Note that Ramos still needs his cane glued to his base, and a bowler hat eventually put on his head.

And finally, closer looks for the Hunter and Executioner. The bases WILL be glued together once I have the insides painted; leaving it open like this is easier to paint.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Looking good. I like the mask on the executioner. Looking forward to seeing them painted.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Sick!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Slim, your GS sculpting is impressive. @_@ and an inspiration.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Rogue
Whiteshield

Postby Rogue » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:46 pm

oh Slim! those are amazing! I love the basing and agreed... the sculpting is impressive. i freaking love the gas mask. i'm not a terribly huge fan of the Executioner model, and that just makes it look much better.
Hive Fleet Gremlin falls on your head.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:57 pm

jen wrote:oh Slim! those are amazing! I love the basing and agreed... the sculpting is impressive. i freaking love the gas mask. i'm not a terribly huge fan of the Executioner model, and that just makes it look much better.

thade wrote:Slim, your GS sculpting is impressive. @_@ and an inspiration.

The mask is really easy to sculpt, actually! All it required was smoothing out a bit of GS into the initial mask, then putting two small blobs of GS over the eyes and pushing in with the end of a paper clip. The 'nub' over the tube was just a tiny bit of GS folded over and tucked with the end of an x-acto. Putting the straps on the back of his head was actually the biggest hassle, since the two tiny strips of GS just would NOT stay put.

Return to “Painting and Converting”