Bases needed

For trading and swapping bitz and minis
Ankaru
Veteran

Bases needed

Postby Ankaru » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:50 am

I'm looking for 3 50x75mm square bases for fantasy. Anyone have they can spare?
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Re: Bases needed

Postby Commander_Jay » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:24 pm

I can cut you one from wood or masonite if no one has them.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:34 am

If you would like to, that could work as well. Thank you for offering. I thought we had to use official bases with the models?
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:02 pm

There's no official bases rule. If an event was run directly by Games Workshop they might ask for models to be 100% GW product. But every event organizer has always allowed some conversions. And no one has ever been so picky to criticize bases that are an exact fit.

Also GW doesn't run events anymore, and hasn't for years.

Other companies have all the same bases from different suppliers anyway, knowing people will mix and match and customize models.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:51 pm

The only hard and fast rules for bases are the "size", and even that isn't always defined too hard. Such as Marines now being sometimes on 32mm bases and sometimes on 25mm.

But as long as the size is the same, no one should give you any trouble with it.

~J

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:07 pm

I was always under the impression that the base had to be the official size or larger, since having a smaller base can be an advantage (for purposes of terrain and LoS and such).

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:41 pm

For Fantasy the bases do have to be exact size, because otherwise rank and file would be thrown off in certain situations. Granted for some models, like my Bloodcrushers, the original size was 50x50, and then got changed to 50x75, which I like more because they actually would fit on the base while facing forward. Right now they are turned to the side a bit and I don't like the lack of symmetry in it.

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:55 pm

I have a space dwarf dreadnaught that I want to use, but no base. I believe the base size for a dreadnaught / hellbrute is 60mm round. Anyone have one handy?

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:26 pm

If you are still in need I have some 60mm round bases.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Yes please. What would you like for it?

Return to “Take My Stuff!”