Warhammer Quest

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Warhammer Quest

Postby Dez » Fri May 13, 2016 7:27 pm

What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Fri May 13, 2016 10:57 pm

Meeplemart (big Canadian board game store) had a post up on their Facebook about how hyped they were to sell the new WQ. They seemed genuinely pretty excited about GW stuff in general. They edited the post today:

Also, someone asked if it only has 4 pages of rules. They replied "Actually, pretty much."

Not exactly promising signs so far.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Gaghiel
Whiteshield

Postby Gaghiel » Sat May 14, 2016 12:08 pm

honestly, only having 4 pages of rules makes it more interesting to me. i want a new heroquest. not another 98 page rulebook tabletop game on a board. im stoked- everything about this looks pretty good to me.
- Jeremy

AdamL
Whiteshield

Postby AdamL » Sat May 14, 2016 1:46 pm

Been playing nothing but age of sigmar the past few weeks. I been enjoying it and looking forward to this and the point system.
"Shoot the choppy and chop the shooty"

Guide to being an ork: Learn it, live it so you don't muck about!
http://matthewfarrer.files.wordpress.co ... wchart.png
Ork Taktikz
http://i.imgur.com/gKcI5cI.jpg

You can never have enough dakka for it is like the speed of light. You can come close but you can never attain it.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sat May 14, 2016 4:06 pm

I'm wanting to give AoS another go. There is a great rules system SCGT scrollbuilder.

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

JeffJ
Whiteshield

Postby JeffJ » Wed May 18, 2016 6:37 pm

AdamL wrote:Been playing nothing but age of sigmar the past few weeks. I been enjoying it and looking forward to this and the point system.

How do you and your opponent play a balanced game?

AdamL
Whiteshield

Postby AdamL » Wed May 18, 2016 10:16 pm

We balance games by not being a jerk. Lol jk we just tried different techniques. First few games we just used the models that came with the box then we just did an almost mirror like army. The last few games we just simply pick and choose one unit at a time so it went something like oh theres a giant so i threw two bolt throwers which he countered with spider riders and then i put down a unit of trolls for a roadblock.

So far im not 100% sure all the games were 100% balanced but we had a lot of fun regardless as often times the dice gods have their own plans
Last edited by AdamL on Thu May 19, 2016 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Shoot the choppy and chop the shooty"

Guide to being an ork: Learn it, live it so you don't muck about!
http://matthewfarrer.files.wordpress.co ... wchart.png
Ork Taktikz
http://i.imgur.com/gKcI5cI.jpg

You can never have enough dakka for it is like the speed of light. You can come close but you can never attain it.

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Thu May 19, 2016 7:14 am

AdamL wrote:The last few games we just simply pick and choose one unit at a game so it went something like oh theres a giant so i threw two bolt throwers which he countered with spider riders and then i put down a unit of trolls for a roadblock.

I have no interest in AoS and I don't have any plans to play it ever, but I really like this approach to a game mechanic. Some game system somewhere should be building around that idea.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu May 19, 2016 8:01 am

That is a pretty cool idea Adam. Almost like drafting your army.

To original topic, it appears that GW is making expansions to quest already which is pretty cool. I am probably going to wait to see what the initial response to game play is before making a decision. I have heard very mixed reviews, which is really odd for a game not released yet.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu May 19, 2016 9:20 am

One of the coolest (or maybe silliest) things I can see after going over as many gameplay reviews as I can find is that it looks like it can be played solo. I also like how you can save your progress on a hero, and jump over to another game. Gives it a cool RPG feel.

I may have bought an Ironjawz Weirdnob, maybe to play this or to start Ironjawz because they are the best looking army I've ever seen. Maybe!

ADB

Return to “Warhammer”