Kings of War: Thoughts? Impressions? Anyone playing?

Dez
Storm Trooper

Kings of War: Thoughts? Impressions? Anyone playing?

Postby Dez » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Just curious. It seems like fun for a tournament, even fun to build and create an army. I'm not sure it's deep enough, particularly in the case of the magic system. Just my impression, but I've never played.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Corwin
Veteran

Re: Kings of War: Thoughts? Impressions? Anyone playing?

Postby Corwin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:52 pm

I haven't played it yet, but it looks like alot of fun and a good start. I'd like to try it some time to see if it's any good.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:19 am

I really enjoy it. It's fast. The few games I've played there have been very few rules disputes. It's easy to build an army list.

I do think it is deep enough. The list building aspect isn't what drives it, it comes down to game play, which is always what I want. I think the lists are pretty reasonably balanced, and the units are similar enough where it is really a trade off of what your theme is and what type of models you want to paint. This for me is very important, as I hate it when someone buys into a faction because they like the models only to find out the faction is garbage.

If you want to get together and give it a go Dez, let me know. I'm at the store all weekend long, and I always have 2 armies of 1000 pts in my car. That game can be played in an hour and a half while learning the game.

The lists look like this:

Goblins:

3x units of 40 Spearmen
1x Unit of 40 Archers
1x Goblin King
2x Goblin Wiz
1x Giant

Dwarfs:

1x Unit of 20 Warriors w/ HW + Shield
1x Unit of 20 Warriors w/ Great Weapons
1x Unit of 20 Slayers
1x Dwarf King on Bear
1x Cannon
1x Organ Gun

So they are pretty good sized armies.

~J

G-Bread
Whiteshield

Postby G-Bread » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:20 pm

I never played a fantasy war game until I Jay did a demo of KOW and I have to say that I enjoyed it! I downloaded the rules for free from the website. Now I just have to put an army together so I can start getting some games going.
You have been Governated!

Return to “Warhammer”