Age of Sigmar Rumors

Dez
Storm Trooper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Age of Sigmar Rumors

Postby Dez » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:50 pm

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:01 pm

Bring me your finest coffee!

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:53 pm

"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:00 pm

I am glad to see GW joining the fold of major cons. I know they have had a bit more of a presence at some cons lately. However of you were a new player in a location to compare entering the hobby with other games, I would think GW would be a hard choice. An environment devoid of a local following and many companies all working to push GW, the biggest difficulty would be the start up cost. GW is a solid 30+ more than any other game starter sets.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:43 pm

If not points, I wonder how they will balance things? They could assigned levels and tiers (but to be precise that's the same a points, with a different scale). Kind of like other games (Wrath of Kings, or many roleplaying games).

Requiring specific lists for a scenario would be very restrictive if proxies are not allowed. Perhaps you'd have to pick from a large list? And bring one of many pre-built army lists.

Then again since GW always assigned points according to the author's choices and not play tests or formulas, I dunno if balance will be the goal for Age of Sigmar.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:35 am

I like that the rep was honest. Helps their image slightly. Only slightly, since they have yet to update Sisters of Battle to 7th edition, when every other army is getting brand spanking new books and FAQs. Sisters have no FAQ at all.

I know that isn't AoS related, but just my two cents, as I really want to play Sisters again.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:25 am

I was supposed to play tonight, but called it off. My friend wanted to play Nagash, and I had this really evil Warriors of Chaos list made. My list had Archaon and Crom, as well as 6 Chaos Lords and 6 Sorcerers. It was primarily Trolls, Knights, 2 Chimeras, a Giant, Chariot, Hellcannon, and whatever other big/mounted models I had. Chaos Lords can summon units with Slaves to Darkness. My plan was to deploy 1/3 less models, and choose to hold a terrain feature. I would then hit Nagash with overwhelming Mortal Wounds, while summoning absolutely ridiculous amounts of Warriors and Marauders onto the board from all quarters to overwhelm the terrain feature. It was kind of exciting...but then I began to feel really, really beardy. I didn't want this to be what the game was about, so I'm going to wait for the starter set.

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:36 pm

It's not beardy, it's Age of Sigmar!

But seriously, though, if he was taking Nagash, he would've deserved it. That dude ignores mortal wounds on a 4+, and reflects them back at you on a 6. He's replaced Kairos as the Grand High Douchebag.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:56 pm

Also it appears that Slaanesh got busted in a prostitution ring and sent off to Guantanamo

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:57 pm

He got stolen by an elf. An elf.

Can't have the god of Sex, Drugs, and COCAINE in a game for 9-year-olds.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Return to “Warhammer”