The End Times

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: The End Times

Postby Dez » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:19 am

Me too, can't wait for the Stormfiends!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:44 am

Bring me your finest coffee!

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:19 pm

I'm gonna go with a solid "meh" on Thanquol. Compared to other End Times characters, that's pretty darn weak for the points cost.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:26 am

He's powerful, but doesnt seem so over the top as some of the others.

Having each faction become three might be interesting. Some do require elaborate stores to become allies. Like Dwarves could join with Empire or even Elves once grudges are settled. Ogres, perhaps. But never their gnoblars.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Army WILL revolve around Stormfiends http://forofreakfactory.mforos.com/1035 ... #106072692
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:24 pm

Holy crap those are amazing, Dez! I'm so excited for the Skaven end-times. I just finished painting my Verminlord Corrupter, and I've never been so excited about painting new models!

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:03 pm

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/01/ ... ction.html

These articles have been really nice summaries of the End Times books. This one focuses on the Thanquil book. I must say this is a really epic story that they are developing, and I really wish I had the time to keep up with it by reading the full stories. don't click the link if you don't want to spoil the story. I've always had a soft spot for Queek in the fluff. Probably due to my strong dislike of dwarfs.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:29 pm

I dunno if I'd call their writing "epic" by any stretch. They're taking the Game of Thrones route here and just killing a bunch of characters willy-nilly, often with ignoble ends, and Archaeon doesn't even get anything close to a proper challenge from...anything, really.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Oh their writing is not good, but the level of destruction is massive. My guess is the challenge to archeon will come from the elves, or a combination of the remaining elves, dwarfs and humans. As far as I know the green knight is still around so he could be a formidable opponent.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:55 pm

The reason that it feels so epic is because they are finally resolving story lines that never went anywhere. Like Queek Headtaker against Belegor. The entire resolution of Karak Eight Peaks. The resolution of the Elf civil war. Archaeon finally invading the Empire, and winning. The fact that characters are biting it left and right, instead of "Holy crap, he got the snot beaten out of him and then Archaeon got distracted and wandered away" is very satisfying.

They are conflicts we've fought out a hundred times. And this is how GW envisions them being resolved.

I'm really conflicted about the way this is turning out. On the one hand, they are talking about nuking armies that have been established for a long time, some of which I own a ton of minis for. On the other hand, the idea that we're now going to have new story lines instead of "Fighting over the Eight Peaks.... again..." is really alluring.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Which will probably happen right after Avengers 2.

~J

Return to “Warhammer”