The End Times

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

The End Times

Postby Commander_Jay » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:59 pm

Anyone else worried about the language used when discussing the new Nagash setting for Warhammer?

They're calling it "The End Times", and talking about it with phrases like, "the end times are upon us," and "Warhammer will never be the same again."
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Ankaru
Veteran

Re: The End Times

Postby Ankaru » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Does that mean that the story is actually progressing?
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:12 pm

My thought is they are trying to pull in some of the futile future feeling of 40k and looking to move the story forward a little. The story for fantasy really hasn't had anything new in the last 6-7 years. While GW has always said they want the players to move the story forward, there is certainly something to be said for progression rather than repetition.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:20 pm

We heard in March about Wood Elves, Brettonians, Beastmen and Khemri getting the axe. From what it sounds like this world event is meant to re-organize the army books, maybe allowing GW to merge Chaos back together, Undead back together, Bretts and Empire together, and the Wood Elves and High Elves together.

I kinda like it, I hope 9th edition is worth it.

~J

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:48 pm

I'll hate them even more if they merge the books, after just making us buy them...

I hope its all additional product, not the reduction of anything. Tons of new stuff for Nagash, plus a great 9th edition could be very good news.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:36 pm

I would be super interested in a "return of the Phoenix king" book that reunited the elves into a single massive list like the Nagash list. While there is more animosity among the elves I think it could be fun to have a massive elf list with all their fun monsters.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Nagash for all the undead. Phoenix King for all the elves. Would Dark Elves join them?

Then what? Maybe the old world nations could be humans and dwarves (Empire, Bretonnians, Dwarves).

Hordes for Skaven, Orcs, and Goblins.

What about Lizardmen? Maybe add to them. Amazons, and the other occupants of the new world. Call it after their continent, Lustria.

Ogres? Maybe fold them and their gnoblars into the Horde. Or make a group that is all the remnants and mercenaries, like the old Dogs of War book (which was pretty cool).

Chaos for all of chaos, of course.
-Commander Jay

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:49 pm

I have an issue with the concept of the Hordes. Skaven and Orcs & Gobbies don't like eachother, Skaven will just use them to mess up Dwarfs... though I think the Orcs kinda let them. But I'm pretty sure every race pretty much hate the Skaven, they kinda screw everyone over.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:21 pm

I love Skaven!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

oninosweeney
Whiteshield

Postby oninosweeney » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:11 pm

i'd be down with a dogs of war book again

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Return to “Warhammer”