Warhammer Fantasy Tournament 4/18 - 2500 pts

Events officially run or sponsored by The131 gaming club.
J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament 4/18 - 2500 pts

Post by J Rzasa » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:36 pm

What -- Warhammer Fantasy Tournament, 2500 points
When -- Saturday, April 18th, 11:00AM
Where -- Off the Wall Games, Hadley, MA
Entry Fee -- $15 - $10 if you register before April 12th.
Number of players -- 12
List Submission: westernmassgaming@gmail.com

Prizes will be awarded in the form of store credit to Off the Wall. Number of prizes and amount of prizes will be announced after the registration deadline, and are solely determined by attendance.

Registration for this event will be as follows:

1. Turn in your army list and entry fee by the registration deadline of April 12th, and you pay the early bird fee of $10.
2. Turn in your army list and entry fee anytime between April 13th and April 18th and the fee is $15
3. Turn in your army list and entry fee the day of the event and the fee is $15. Day of lists must be submitted in person by 10:30 AM for validation and corrections. Validations close 15 minutes before the start time and failure to arrive in time to be validated will immediately disqualify you from participation.

Entry fees can be paid to any club officer in person, or via the club PayPal address (westernmassgaming@yahoo.com). Please include your forum name and first name in the payment information. Army lists can be submitted to the same e-mail address in .pdf, .doc, .rtf or Army Builder format. Please include your forum name and first name in the e-mail subject line. Any questions can be posted here, PM'd or e-mailed to myself, or directed to me in person.

If all spaces in the tournament are Reserved, you may still sign up by submitting your entry fee and list to be placed on the Alternates list. Any dropouts from the Reserved list will be filled by names on the Alternates list in order signed up. If you get stuck on the Alternates list and do not get the opportunity to play, your entry fee will be refunded after the event. Entry fees for no-shows will not be refunded.

For club members, you may hold a slot on the Reserved list up until April 12th by submitting your army list, but you must still pay your entry fee no later than the 18th to receive your discount.

Our errata:

BSB’s may take mundane equipment normally available to their non-BSB base character type.

A “Look Out, Sir” roll will be granted against the following spells:
Final Transmutation
The Dwellers Below
The Curse of the Horned Rat

For every character in a unit beyond the first, add a -1 penalty to the “Look Out, Sir” rolls granted for the aforementioned spells.
For example, if there are 3 characters in a unit, then each character will pass “Look Out, Sir” rolls against the spells on a die roll of 4+. Normal requirements for “Look Out Sir” apply. Champions do not count toward the total number of characters in a unit when calculating this modification to “Look Out, Sir” rolls.

All buildings will have a limit of 12 models per floor. Or 4 monstrous infantry models.
The Folding Fortress (or any building in play) has a maximum of 3 floors regardless of the model used to represent it.
e.g. For a three story building, a unit may not exceed 36 infantry models (or 12 monstrous infantry models). If a unit larger than this size wishes to enter a building (for example after winning an assault of a building), then it must remove models from play to bring its size down to 12 per floor (or 4 for monstrous infantry models). Players need not take a panic check when removing models from play in this manner.

The Battle Point break down will be as follows:
23 Possible Points for each game (3 Games)
10 Pts for Painting
5 Pts for Sportsmanship
Total of 84 points.

The tournament will last three rounds of about two hours and fifteen minutes each, with a forty five minute break for lunch after the first round. Exact times may vary.

Tournament packets with all of the rules specifics, scenarios, and player score sheets will be emailed on April 12th.

Reserved:
Dez

Alternate:

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament 4/18 - 2500 pts

Post by Dez » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:11 pm

I'm in! I got some detail painting to do :)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder
I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Post by Dez » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Are the List Email and Paypal Email supposed to be different?

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Post by Commander_Jay » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Dez wrote:Are the List Email and Paypal Email supposed to be different?
Yes. Don't worry, we're weird but we know it.

And, I'll be going too!

Edit: Nope, I can't :very sad face:
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Dez
Storm Trooper

Post by Dez » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:47 am

Paid and list sent.

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Post by Dez » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:30 pm

We need more people, who wants to come play some games of WFB on Saturday?

ADB

AdamL
Whiteshield

Post by AdamL » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Boo i can't attend as I will be at work that day 8(
"Shoot the choppy and chop the shooty"

Guide to being an ork: Learn it, live it so you don't muck about!
http://matthewfarrer.files.wordpress.co ... wchart.png
Ork Taktikz
http://i.imgur.com/gKcI5cI.jpg

You can never have enough dakka for it is like the speed of light. You can come close but you can never attain it.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Post by Dez » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:53 am

Thanks for running this guys! I had a great time! I wish more people had made it to give Fantasy 8th Edition a proper send off, but so be it :)

It was really cool to play JeffJ, it was his first actual game of WFB and it was in a tournament! He also beat me soundly, though I suppose my Grey Seer blowing himself up and taking half my army with him in the first turn didn't hurt :) Great game Jeff, hope to play again soon!

ADB

Return to “Club Events”