Changes to the club discount

Off The Wall Games
Recruit

Changes to the club discount

Postby Off The Wall Games » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:36 am

Hello everyone,

In the upcoming 2017 year, we will be reducing the Off the Wall Games discount to 10%, down from 15%. This is not something we want to do, but it is something we need to do. Unfortunately our rent has gone up every year since we have taken over, and will take another jump next year. On top of this, the State mandated minimum wage will increase by another dollar an hour. While that seems paltry, only $70 a week, you need to include all applicable taxes and insurances that we need to pay based on this new amount.

We're hoping this is a temporary change. We have a couple of plans to try and increase profit without squeezing the community. If we can do this over the 2017 year and keep ourselves comfortably in the black, we'll revisit the club discount at the end of the year and see if it is something we can bump back up to previous levels.

In addition, "Event Day Discounts" will reduce to 15% off, but Event Coordinator Discounts will remain at 25% off. For those that do not know, playing in an event will enable you to purchase items relevant to that event at 15% off, and if you run a successful event you will get 25% off relevant items.

We want to thank each and every one of you for being a part of The 131 community, and supporting Off The Wall Games. We love to provide a place for people to come and participate in their hobbies, and we look forward to seeing all of you in 2017.

~The Off The Wall Games staff

Ankaru
Veteran

Re: Changes to the club discount

Postby Ankaru » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:57 am

Thanks for letting us know. It won't effect my purchasing habits, though. Any discount is better than Games-Workshop prices.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Re: Changes to the club discount

Postby cidewithme » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:58 pm

I always thought the 15% discount was kinda like cheat mode, what with only a $15 dollar membership fee a year and then all them parties. Thanks for doing what needs to be done to keep the store running. It is the hub of this gaming community, and we could possibly do it without ya, but we'd have to drive alot farther. I for one am happy to buy all of my tabletop gaming needs from OTW, save for the odd spoils of war from elsewhere, and will continue to support the store as much as I can.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Return to “General Discussion”