Chaos Marine recruitment

Ankaru
Veteran

Chaos Marine recruitment

Postby Ankaru » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:38 am

I know Chaos Marines are a bit different in their recruitment methods than Loyalists. And I know that several Chaos Legions actively recruit anyone who wants to join them, Black Legion and Red Corsairs coming to mind.

So if a chapter of Loyalists went all chaos, would they have to change their armor, or could they simply take everything as it is and this use it against their former brothers? I assume that would not be too far a stretch really. Every chaos war band has to start somewhere. Including my favorite, the Astral Claws. Which I actually have head cannon that there are still Astral Claws but fight everyone. Also because the warp is a strange thing in which time travel is possible.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Gaghiel
Whiteshield

Re: Chaos Marine recruitment

Postby Gaghiel » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:08 pm

They dont change their armor. They just chisel all the iconography off of it, and defile it. The power of being in the warp takes care of the rest. And the astral claws are still our there attacking everyone. Thats who the red corsairs are.
- Jeremy

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:20 pm

There was some really great crossover with the Red Corsairs in the Night Lords trilogy by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. More info here too http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Corsairs BEWARE: WIKIA WILL SUCK UP HOURS AND HOURS OF YOUR LIFE...but man are the stories cool!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:13 am

Dez wrote:There was some really great crossover with the Red Corsairs in the Night Lords trilogy by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. More info here too http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Corsairs BEWARE: WIKIA WILL SUCK UP HOURS AND HOURS OF YOUR LIFE...but man are the stories cool!

Oh yes, I've spent many a late night on both wikia and 1D4chan. I'll have to check out that trilogy one day. Thanks for sharing that.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Return to “General Discussion”