Apocalypse formations

Ankaru
Veteran

Apocalypse formations

Postby Ankaru » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:00 am

I recently was looking at a Warzone Valedor book which only had Apocalypse formations, one of which is for harlequins and allows to take my three small squads of space elf clowns with my three DE Venoms as transports. Unfortunately most people frown upon using Apocalypse formations in normal games.

The Harlequins get a little bit better in this formation as their pistols gain blind and concussive, and the clowns gain a few new abilities. But I don't really see where this formation is so much different than normal 40k stuff. I've faced much worse that is from regular codex. Looking at you Craftworld Eldar.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

AdamL
Whiteshield

Re: Apocalypse formations

Postby AdamL » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:19 pm

The clowns cant use the Dark eldar transport starting off. Battle brothers or not you can purchase it and start the clowns disembarked next to the transportation. I believe the recent faq afdress this issue.
"Shoot the choppy and chop the shooty"

Guide to being an ork: Learn it, live it so you don't muck about!
http://matthewfarrer.files.wordpress.co ... wchart.png
Ork Taktikz
http://i.imgur.com/gKcI5cI.jpg

You can never have enough dakka for it is like the speed of light. You can come close but you can never attain it.

Ankaru
Veteran

Re: Apocalypse formations

Postby Ankaru » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:49 am

Well that's perfectly fine. It isn't like the harlequins can shoot at anything turn one anyway (under normal circumstances). What I was referring to was the fact that I can have them take Venoms and still be a bound army. I prefer to use the models I have, gain the benefits of battlefroged for my main detachment, and not have to spend however much it is for at least three of the Harlequin Starweavers to transport them around. I could just take dark Eldar as allies or something but then they'd almost certainly be the venoms themselves rather than having the harlequins man them.

If I could run unbound for only part of my army and let the normally battle forged part stay that way, I would. But from what I remember, if any part of the army list is unbound, then the whole army is.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Return to “General Discussion”