Function Buttons

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Function Buttons

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:08 pm

It is absolutely fantastic, but my hesitation is the cost. There is also a shopping feature that could be used to easily and effectively allow members to renew their membership and preregister for events. It is certainly something worth investigating.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:11 pm

It's also a good way to sell dice and Shirts.

We could always have a club bake sale :)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:25 pm

The cost is definitely staggering for a small gaming club. And I can't think of very many income sources the club has access to.

Maybe modify the auction so it also helps raise some funds for the club? Even if it were something small, like 5%, it's still a great opportunity to sell off old stuff.

They don't have a discounted cost for buying several months or a year in advance, do they?
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:05 pm

I've been meaning to upgrade the board. I just haven't thought of it when I've had the time.

I have some time on Saturday, I can try and get the forums upgraded and a different site package installed, which would be pretty easy. It's just going to take me probably 2 hours.

If this is something you guys are interested in, let me know. If you're more than likely going to go with a different solution, it's not worth putting in the work.

~J

Return to “General Discussion”