Firestorm Armada?

netgeist
Veteran

Firestorm Armada?

Postby netgeist » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:17 pm

Just curious if anyone is playing this. I really like the look of the models and miss having a game that has the scale of Battlefleet Gothic. I just don't want to actually play BFG again.

I know the store carries it. Who plays regularly (or would play regularly) and what factions do you play?

- netgeist

pasewi
Whiteshield

Re: Firestorm Armada?

Postby pasewi » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 pm

I've never seen a real game of it, but I've checked it out superficially online. I like the look of it.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:31 am

Armada is a similar scale isn't it? Personally I'd go with DZC Resistance, but if I get into any further space adventure fleet games it will be BFG because Ork ships just rule.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Firestorm Armada is functionally Dystopian Wars in space. If you liked DW, you'll like Firestorm Armada. If you didn't, don't bother.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:12 pm

That's what I thought, I hated DW.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

netgeist
Veteran

Postby netgeist » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:18 pm

DW has a lot of appeal to me. DZC doesn't. I'm good with what I have for land battle games, so I am turning my attention to air, sea and pace.

Return to “General Discussion”