Campaign Questions Thread

For any questions on the Blood of Giants campaign
Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Re: Campaign Questions Thread

Postby Kinne » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:13 pm

I think that's simply because the links are so old. Those're from before we moved the domain hosting. Anyway, what information do you need?
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

vanderdeckken
Recruit

Postby vanderdeckken » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Ummm....all of it. Me newbie, Me ignorant.
Is the info online somewhere? I mean really, everything. I have no idea how a 40K tournament is organized. Are there "local" ones and "official" GW ones? Points based? Elimination?
And I gather this is a "campaign" rather then an actual "tournament", so does that mean the results of each combat effect the scenario and forces available for the next combat.

Oh, and how far along is it? Is it something I can get in on? what would I need?

Sorry, if it would be simpler we can just wait 'til Wednesday and you can tell me then...

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Ordinarily, the answer of where to find everything would be simple. Unfortunately, about a week ago our forums exploded and we're still trying to sort everything out. Unfortunately the forum dedicated to the campaign isn't visible from the main post.

viewforum.php?f=43

That will take you to the winter campaign forum.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=248

That link will take you to a thread on the campaign forum that gives you the general idea of what's going on. Basically, it's not a tournament, it's a campaign. Players are divided into two factions, play against people from the other faction, and report the games. This effects the overall flow of the campaign. The rest of the stuff on the campaign board is background, questions and answers, etc.

Oh, and I recommend bookmarking the campaign forum until we get everything sorted out.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

vanderdeckken
Recruit

Postby vanderdeckken » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:12 pm

Thanks!

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:15 pm

I apologize if this was asked and answered already, but has the points count been settled for the Mega Apocalypse battle to end the campaign?

I heard both 2K and 2500 lst night.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:31 pm

After consulting with our events officer, the total overall points will be 2,500 for each person, but it'll be slightly broken up. I'm going to post up the limited details we have now, so people can start planning.

Return to “Campaign Questions”