Da Zoggin' Zoggers Tale uv... Many Lots uv Gamers!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Da Zoggin' Zoggers Tale uv... Many Lots uv Gamers!

Postby Dez » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:17 am

I didn't get the Rhino done, there just never is enough time. Or, by the time I get time it's about Midnight and I'm too tired to finish doing anything. It's partially assembled at least. Meganobz are done, though! Well, crappy tabletop anywho.

I'm going to finish up to at least 40 Meganobz by April 14th, hopefully I don't run out of steam and get all 50 done. I'm just not feeling like building or painting Ork stuff lately, I'm too excited about getting more done on my Thousand Sons and IG Kill Team. I picked up some nice conversion bits for them this past weekend ;)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:18 am

Well here we are, staring BftS in the face. I have 32 MANZ done, and no motivation.I just want to finish these Thousand Sons! Ah well, strike while the irons hot. I am going to try and build/paint Badrukk today.

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:56 am

33 Manz done and Badrukk built. Not bad.

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sun May 02, 2010 10:34 am

This month, I will paint the Gobsmasha!

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Absolutely devoid of any Orky Inspiration. What I did do is build and prime my IG Kill Team. I think I need to be a Krumped Again Ork.

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:41 am

I notice I have no topic for Thousand Sons!

Well, something I've been struggling with is there is no option to Deep Strike in the Space Wolf codex (which I'm using for my Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons). I feel that the Thousand Sons would DEFINITELY Deep Strike like crazy, they'd probably do it just for fun. I don't really see them using Drop Pods at all. Then it hit me: Stargates. Yup, I'm going to build portals! This is just a footnote so I don't forget.

ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Pre-heresy, they would've used Drop Pods, no? Why not?

That said, Stargates is a pretty freakin sweat idea. I'd love to see a sketch up of what you'll use as a model. =)
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:38 pm

It just doesn't seem their style, I really can't explain why. What definitely seems their style is materializing out of nowhere via sorcery ;)

I'll have to sketch out some ideas I have as well as do some surfing to see if anything already exists that I can modify. I looked for Stargate Toys, and I don't want to make an exact replica but something close would be cool. I'm thinking an inverted triangle, or staying with the Circle and having 9 points on it.

ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Here's what I would do, given the skill, motivation, and resources: I would build N star gates (where N is the magic number for your army, which I think is three?) where they each have a unique but simple shape...and when you line them up and look through them, it looks vaguely like the Eye of Tzeentch. We can call that FORESHADOWING - BAM!
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Return to “A Tale of 4 Gamers- 40K”