Enzo's 2010 Witch Hunters 1750+

enzo
Whiteshield

Re: Enzo's 2010 Witch Hunters 1750+

Postby enzo » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Game 2 a bit more disappointing.

I was excited about playing 40k again after my game on Wed. So on Sat 8/28 I took them to Base Camp. Fisher set me up with a guy I have never met before (think his name was Eric) he had Blood Angels and I played the same 1750 list I had played Wed. I had thought Blood Angels would be a close combat fight but he just shot me to shreds. The game was table quarters. He had a unit of vangaurd vets with a Priest and a librarian , A Land Raider with a unit inside and 2 Vindicators on the table to start. Then he added 2 squads of scout snipers. He went 1st and was on top of me and killing stuff turn 1. My 1st turn already I had lost Sisters, I-storm troopers and my Pent Engine was immobilize. I moved forward with some stuff and fired a bunch of bolters at the vangaurd Vets with very little damage (1 guy I think, feel no pain is no fun when you are not an Ork) The 2 exorcist tried to take out some of his armour but front armour 13 & 14 made me need 6s to do any thing and the dice gods were not helpful. He then out flanked 1 of 2 Baal Predetors behind me(the other came next turn). He dumped out the unit in the land raider in front of the Arco-flang. And I took a lot more shots. This time 3 meltas on the side of 1 of the exorcist (kaboom) He then assaulted the Arco-flang at a reduced # and after that and their fearless rolls there was 1 left. My 5 Grey Knights and Grand master deep striked behind the Vangaurd Vets and killed 1 or 2 with shooting. I added the remaining 3 Sisters and 2 I-Storm troopers with a priest into the assault with the arco-flag But they didn't help much. Next turn they were all dead and the Grey Knights had a circle of Vangaurd Vets around them shooting in then assaulting the remaining survivors. Grand master was the only one left in combat come my next turn. I got to say though he did a good job and had I not kept rolling 2 on the Priest and 2 on the vets. I could have lived through that. Had I been able to kill the priest It would have gone good for me as his force weapon killed me with the grand master having no wounds after 2 rounds of combat. But in the end it would not matter anyway. With 5 armored vehicles on the table I didn't have anyway to win this at that point I had lost the other exorcist, Pent engine,The arco-flag & the Vet Superior I had given a melta bomb to. my remaining rhino full of 10 B-sisters with no upgrades didn't have a prayer.

Need to have a better way to deal with Armour & I need more transports to keep the units alive long enough to kill something.

Inquisition Wins 1 Losses 1

Neconilis
Whiteshield

Postby Neconilis » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Just found this thread after playing you the other night, and yes my name is Erich, though with a superfluous H thanks to my parents ;-)

But yes, it was a fun game and I wouldn't mind offering up my suggestions to your list and game play if you'd like. I don't want to seem like a jerk though telling you how to play or anything like that, so I try not to do that unsolicited.

enzo
Whiteshield

Postby enzo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:09 pm

I finished this months challenge. I have another Exorcist done but I have not got the pictures yet. Should be up by the weekend.

My 1st post has been updated with what is done and what is coming.

Just realized I didn't post last months challenge photos ether They are coming also. I most be in a daze or something.

enzo
Whiteshield

Postby enzo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:29 pm

this was the September stuff
Attachments
WH_Henchmen_Crusader2_ 02.JPG
WH_Henchmen_Crusader2_ 01.JPG
WH_Exorcist 1_ 04.JPG
WH_Exorcist 1_ 03.JPG
WH_Exorcist 1_ 01.JPG

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm

I'm lovin' the henchman, is that the lighting or did you paint the cloak like that?
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

enzo
Whiteshield

Postby enzo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:13 pm

its the lighting. It is highlighted but not that much. mostly just a gray dry brush.

This is Octobers pics.
Attachments
WH_Battle Sisters_Order of Sacred Rose_Superior_ 02.JPG
WH_Exorcist 2_ 03.JPG
WH_Exorcist 2_ 02.JPG
WH_Exorcist 2_ 01.JPG

Return to “A Tale of 4 Gamers- 40K”