Thade's Hammer ~ Tale of the Fifth Gamer

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Thade's Hammer ~ Tale of the Fifth Gamer

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:13 pm

The army is looking great. I am starting to feel bad that my army only has 9 models done. I might have to get cranking this weekend after seeing how far you have gotten is such a short time.
Thanks for the motivation.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Thanks guys. =) I've found that posting my pics here makes me feel more motivated.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:21 am

gold. trim. is. so. time. consuming.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:26 pm

my dwarves...are not...forgotten...
Thade = Steve

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:07 pm

If they are not forgotten where are the new pics with their flashy gold trim? Not that I should talk I havent painted the demons in a couple of months. Maybe Ill have some free time in the near future.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:53 am

Happy to say I'm reading thru the new Fantasy rules now and I'm gleefully about to necro this post back into Live Production. I'm considering taking Rzazaza's idea about using scraps of paper to supplement my already painted forces so I can figure out what to paint futher...but before I do that I feel I at least have to get a working force on the table. So far I've got a fully painted unit of warriors, a based and base-coated (but unpainted) unit of thunderers, and a few unpainted cannons I can throw together. I need more infantry, and longbeards are currently on the bench.

I may buy another battalion box @_@ so I don't run out of dwarves and can make a LOT of infantry.
Thade = Steve

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:00 am

The battalion is definitely the way to go. Tons of infantry that can, if you have the bits, be assembled as Warriors, Longbeards, Thunderers or Quarrelers. Glad to hear you're motivate to get back in!
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:05 am

NICE!

I'm excited to see this blog going again ;) I know it can be hard to focus, I have random bursts of 'Need to build/paint that now!' that I struggle to get under control. But, you've helped with that. My Thousand Sons are slated to be done by the end of the year (to Tabletop Standard). I'm also going to finish my Warriors of Chaos for when the new Orcs & Goblins book comes out ;)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:28 am

Thanks for the support, guys. =) It's nice to be back in the swing of it, but I won't really feel it until I wet a brush this week. It's been MONTHS.
Thade = Steve

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:47 am

I PUT PAINT ON THEM. (sorry, no pics yet)

Seriously, though. Their beards are white and grey, most of them have a Scorched Brown basecoat for flesh (just as I did for the warriors) and I popped off the HWs and shields to up them to GWs. Previously, half of the unit had GWs and half had HW/Shields...now they will ALL have GWs *and* shields. So, on the bench currently...

- 20 dwarf bodies, all beards done, all major silver/metal done.
- Four have the base coats for green shirts...I'm thinking of doing the entire unit with green shirts and purple capes to represent the lord's colors...their BIG and OLD and CANTANKEROUS family. So, this unit of longbeards will be loyalists to the "green and purple lord". If/when I do a second unit of longbeards they'll be "green and red" friendly (to fit some of the better-looking/clearly in charge models from the warrior unit). The warrior unit has a lot of color variation, to represent their being conscripts from local (not as influential) houses and guilds.
- I spent most of my painting time so far cleaning up and prepping the additional nine GWs I need to fill out the rest of the unit with them. The gold trim (again my bain) is based in Scorched...previously I based them in the brighter brown color (can't recall the name right now) so these will give way to a darker gold for some variety in the unit. (I hope.) I also based the hand (fleshy parts) with scorched. Basically I used a lot of brown paint last night.
- One of the dwarves didn't want to relinquish his HW (I can't blame him) and part of his arm stayed in the socket...so I had to dremel out enough of a cavity to fit another arm. I'm a huge fan of this dremel.

Little disorganized getting back into it, slowing me down a bit, but I'll be back in the swing of things soon.
Thade = Steve

Return to “A Tale of 4 Gamers- Fantasy”