The Sacred Host of the Old Ones (Lizardmen Blog)

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Re: The Sacred Host of the Old Ones (Lizardmen Blog)

Postby J Rzasa » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:57 pm

I will look again when I get home, but I seem to remember someone telling me the Carnosaur is not a large target. I'll admit, I don't know, I've yet to field one out of the new Army Book, and I haven't fielded one in years. But someone told me it is not a large target, which may all be moot if Fantasy employs True LOS in the summer like 40k did.

I will not be there tomorrow, but I will be there next week, and could possibly make a basecamp appearance this weekend if you guys are going.

~J

Greywolf
Privateer Press Ganger

Postby Greywolf » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:00 pm

Base Camp will definitely be happening for Dan and I at least. Whether Kinne and Dez show up how knows!?!?! LOL :twisted:
Raise your flagons Sons of Russ, the dawn of our victory is upon us.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:26 pm

I'm not sure, Bridget and I have a pretty full day at least earlier. We can certainly try!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Ok... so I did something I didn't want to. I spent more time on the steg himself. I took it with my to my Thursday DnD game, and showed it to Hyperion. After staring at it from across the table, I realized how hard it was to see the horns and all the little bone ridges, it just looked like a big brown blob.

So I did some highlighting. Spent about 2 hours, its not perfect. I'm not extremely happy about it, but I think it looks better.

~J Rzasa

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Nice job on the model! Very impressive.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:18 am

The jewels came out really nice, and the painting looks very clean. The only thing that strikes me as a bit off is that all the skulls look really, really white. Maybe it's just the photo quality though.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 am

No, its not the photo quality, they are all straight up Skull White. Thats a good point though, I may go over them with a Devlan Mud wash and then skull white the tops so there is a bit of color in them. Good catch Kowal.

~J

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:26 am

I would agree with Kowal. That's the only thing that throws me off about the model.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:39 pm

I wanted to go to BFTS today, but instead, my neck seized up on my on Friday and I spent the weekend in pain. So, since it doesn't hurt to look down, only to move my head from side to side and backward, I spent the weekend painting. Mostly.

I did get the rest of my Howdah done for the Engine, and base coated the Skinks that go in the Howdah. Below are some photos.

~J Rzasa

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Wow, looking really good. Are you going to wash those shields? That's probably all they need, a little green wash.

Sorry about the neck.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Return to “A Tale of 4 Gamers- Fantasy”