The Undead Legions of Lord Azzarius (Counts)

Galaan
Whiteshield

The Undead Legions of Lord Azzarius (Counts)

Postby Galaan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Current project: getting new models assembled and getting 10 or so skeletons a basic paint job to see how my paint scheme is going to work

so far the idea in my head it great, i just want to see if it is going to translate well to plastic and metal. =)

FINALLY had the drive to write the fluff for my army out, I love the blood dragons, when i bought the codex many years ago i knew i would play a blood dragon army. Though the specific rules for them no longer are there I will be building a blood dragon themed army, with certain elements, (wraiths, vargulfs, magic intensive vampires) being worked into the fluff as i think it would work out in the world itself.
Last edited by Galaan on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Galaan
Whiteshield

Re: The Undead Legions of Lord Azzarius (Counts)

Postby Galaan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:27 pm

incoming WALL OF TEXT:

Azzarius moved down the stairs, his armor ringing gently on the cold stone steps, the small keep he had secured from a small defensive group of empire had so far served him well. He lamented the loss of two of his thralls over the battle, one succumbing to a relic blades bite from an empire general, the other being dragged into the ether for his ill-advised use of his magic. Azzarius smiled despite it, the loss of two thralls could be replaced as soon as his victories rang across the land. When word of the coming battles echoed across the land other vampires would come to him, vampires seeking glory and to hone their battle prowess as he himself hungered to do.

As he neared the bottom of the stairs, the ringing of his armor was overshadowed by the hammer blows that could be heard crashing just ahead. Azzarius had uncovered a great secret at the basement of this keep, the empire had a forward smithy stationed at this keep for quick field repairs on their equipment. It hadn't taken long for his necromancer slaves and his skeletal minions to convert and inscribe the anvils to his own use, now his skeletons hammered out new weapons, vicious blades marked with baleful energy, each blade emitting a sickening green glow. While in the hands of his normal skeletal soldiers, they did little, save for making the blades impervious to the normal rigors and damage of battle, ensuring that each bone warrior had chance to prove himself in battle. However in the hand of his personal guard, the blade unleashed the energy contained within, each strike draining the very essence from their foe's body.

As he watched his smiths strike with a calm rigor that only the still of death could bring, he heard another figure reach the bottom of the stairs, armor banging upon bone, he knew it to be one of his lieutenants.

"My lord, the broken has finished raising the horses, the await your command, the words echoed in his mind, his mind was Azzarius' own reflected.
Azzarius turned to face the skull of the old king,
"Very well, let us thank our "guest" "

As Azzarius entered the chamber he heard a feral roar coming from the far end. the creature was decayed beyond facial recognition, but the barely contained magic behind it echoed through Azzarius, causing an instinctual defensive stance as he moved into the room. He saw that the vampire was struggling against its bond, the chains had been forged from the same bale process that his thralls wielded, despite the creatures intense strength, Azzarius knew it would be in vain.

The vampire snarled, His face contorted in rage showing its elongated fangs "Release me worm! Release me or I will flay you alive!"
Azzarius smirked as he watch his captive bark its hollow threats, speaking calmly he replied "I see my horses have been raised, I am impressed necrarch, you were quite a find I must say" Azzarius smiled as he watched the rage intensify in the mage vampire, "you shall be rewarded for your services".

Azzarius looked to see his lieutenant bring forth the carcass of a dead boar, its neck slit, it bled slowly onto the floor, creating a small pool on the stone. The captive vampire gazed at the blood intensely, the hunger apparent as it instinctively pulled once more at its chains. Azzarius nodded and the boar was hurled near the vampire. The result was instant, the necrarch pounced on it and began draining the blood from the animal, the sight revolted Azzarius, to think that this vampire had no will to control its blood thirst yet held immense power over the winds of magic.

As the necrarch finished its meal it retched, the concoction Azzarius' thrall had mixed into the boars food was beginning to take its hold. Slowly the vampire calmed and stared at Azzarius, its eyes blacked and sedated. "What is your will?", it calmly replied.

Azzarius smiled, "see? isn't that much more civil?" he looked the vampire in the eyes and spoke once more "You will take the recently exhumed bodies from the barrows and raise them once again as my knights." The necrach simply nodded and replied "as you will, my lord" Azzarius turned and walked out of the room, his dread king behind him.

Azzarius returned to the central chamber that had been transformed into his war hall and sat down upon his command chair, the bleached bone of the chair matching his ivory pale skin in the dim light of the torches that lit the room. Staring at the map of the local area that had been etched in blood upon the far wall he smiled, he knew the blood shed was coming and he eagerly awaited the challenge...

Return to “A Tale of 4 Gamers- Fantasy”