Campaign Update (02/08)

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Campaign Update (02/08)

Postby Kinne » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:57 am

In the wake of their great victory on the first day, the Cult forces were surprisingly slow in their follow up. Seeing the sheer amount of destruction that could be unleashed by the anti-aircraft batteries in the mountains, the following waves of reinforcements and supplies came down well out of range, but also at a much further distance from the fight. To make matters worse, a storm had kicked up, and the high electricity in Jotunfjell's atmosphere made communications extremely difficult. Coordinating an attack became a risky venture. Thankfully, the brutality and enthusiasm for killing of the Cult's followers made up for any shortcomings in planning and preparation.

The Alliance defenders, thanks in part to an intact command structure, quickly rallied from their shocking defeat and took up new positions. Reinforcements were called up, and now safely under the cover of the void shields, they readied for another stand. Without the safety of solid defenses, they had to rely on mobility and concentration of troops. Despite their best efforts, however, it quickly devolved into a meatgrinder.

Two ork mobs, one led by Toegnasha himself, clashed with a force of Sisters of Battle and a detachment of Space Marines. Despite many acts of valor and bravery, the Imperials were forced to withdraw after sustaining heavy casualties. Elsewhere in the Approach, however, a proud Eldar force managed to annihilate a mob of greenskins in fearsome retribution.

Far to the south, in the woods, a company of Ultramarines met and crushed yet another ork horde. The orks were not long in seeking revenge, however, as they attacked and butchered a force of Black Templar space marines. To the west, the Silent Pass remained as eerily silent as ever, and the Alliance troops stationed there began to wonder if reports of Cult troops making their way through the Pass had been incorrect.

After several days of fighting, the Alliance was still holding strong at the very farthest edges of their defenses. Perhaps the Cult forces were holding back, whether out of fear or mismanagement, none of the defenders could say. But one thing was for certain -- the battle was still far from its most desperate hour. No word had as yet been received from either the Angels of Purity on Titan's Pier, or the Navilis Terrificus concerning a naval counterattack.

Alright folks, there have been some issues (obviously) with the forums and with the stat tracker website. The first and foremost with the tracker is that not everyone has registered! Remember that you must register to not only report your victories, but also for your opponents to report theirs. I'll have my laptop with me on Wednesday so people can register if they have not done so yet.

Also, the map has been updated, as well as the stratagem lists, so be sure to check back before your games. And keep playing! The Cult still has a long way to go before they can achieve victory!
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Kalaris
Veteran

Re: Campaign Update (02/08)

Postby Kalaris » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:53 am

THe cult is trashing alliance left and right, we're just not able to report it, I know of at least 6 undocumented games where alliance has been eaten, with gravy.

Can we get a system that allows people to report it another way?

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:55 am

The big issue is people not being registered. I'll compile a list of people who have yet to register and hound them until they do, then we should be fine.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Kalaris
Veteran

Postby Kalaris » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:03 am

Well there are people (one or two) who don't even come to the forums, or have internet access, we're going to have to have a paper backup perhaps leave them with Adam and cbomb and then at least the games are getting reported even if we have to split up the work and enter them manually.

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 am

I've told everyone who has signed up for the campaign that they must register on the forums and for the stat tracker, because everything is going to be handled via the internet. PM me and let me know who isn't registered, because they're going to have to.

Return to “The 131 Winter Campaign”