Gaming Table of Doom.

Rhich
Whiteshield

Re: Gaming Table of Doom.

Postby Rhich » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Table turned upside down this weekend to finish supports and begin "trying to" figure out the pullout shelves. The plan was that there would be three shelves, one for the LED and fog controls, the other two for the players. I wanted the two for the players to handle paper codexes and a drink holder.... so far these have turned out to be the hardest thing to figure out and if mounted the way I would like there only 12" or so deep.... wide yes, deep not so good.
Anyone who has pull out draw design experience please fell free to chime in ...
Draws have to be designed then underside painted then LED rope lights installed and I can begin terrain construction

Peace Through Superior Firepower

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:27 pm

The tracking for the shelves has about 2-4" of dead space on the back end where your mounting screws go. There's no reason you couldn't cut out a small hole in the supports for each track, so you can situate the tracks a little deeper and get a little more mileage out of the hardware that way.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Rhich
Whiteshield

Postby Rhich » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Kowal wrote:The tracking for the shelves has about 2-4" of dead space on the back end where your mounting screws go. There's no reason you couldn't cut out a small hole in the supports for each track, so you can situate the tracks a little deeper and get a little more mileage out of the hardware that way.

Thinking the same thing, which means I could have gone with longer slides... Oh well.
THANKS FOR THE INPUT !!!
Sometime two brains are better than one...

Rhich
Whiteshield

Postby Rhich » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Heres what I ended up building

Blastercrazy
Whiteshield

Postby Blastercrazy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:27 pm

wow you are certainly making the effort, this looks great!
Sauce for the goose Mr. Saavik. The odds will be even.

He shall rule them with a rod of Iron.
- Revelations 11:25

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:00 am

The way the table looks now, it would be very fun to play on when done.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Rhich
Whiteshield

Postby Rhich » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:26 am

This winter has been a pain hobby wise. Garage was actually used for cars rather than working on the table.
Table has been moved into the "gaming area" and I will build the room around it which has turned out to be a good thing after moving the table and realizing it's freakin huge.
2x4 wall framing has begun but going slowly because the gaming side of the basement doesn't have heat yet and trying to use portable heaters has cost a fortune.
Hope to get back to working on everything very shortly because nothing I hate more then seeing the table set up and not being able to throw down some dice.
Scored a portable A/C - Dehumidifier though.... soon the "Nerd Cave" will have all the creature comforts.
Attachments
DSCN1561.JPG

Rhich
Whiteshield

Postby Rhich » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:33 am

Gathering of terrain.

Return to “Completed Works Gallery”