5e D&D announced.

Feel free to discuss all the various RPGs here, even recruit people for a game.
Slimnoid
Hardened Vet
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

5e D&D announced.

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Bring me your finest coffee!

Kinne
Master of the Administratum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 5e D&D announced.

Postby Kinne » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Has 4e really been out that long?
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Long enough where profits are dropping off I guess :)

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Any idea what they're gonna change?
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:04 pm

I liked 4th ed the game play was the same but the big thing for me was I could finally understand spells. yes, ii know it was like WOW with the way it was but thats the GOOD way.

and I don't know, what could they? other than basic races and classes mabey they will re-add the marshal even thought the Warlord is doing pretty good job of replacing it.
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

-Popular Ultramarines Aphorism

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 pm

So. . .basically I should snap up as much 4e stuff as I can right now, before it gets ridiculously expensive like some of the older stuff.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Yeah I didn't follow too closely, but did they do some sort of playtesting post-release with 4e? It sounds like they changed a LOT of the rules in the main books. I did a little bit of online research that strongly suggested getting the Monster Vault instead of the Monstrous Manual(s) because they improved and tweaked a lot of the beasties.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:42 pm

Return to “RPGs”