Forum based rpg campaigns

Feel free to discuss all the various RPGs here, even recruit people for a game.
Cygnus
Whiteshield

Forum based rpg campaigns

Postby Cygnus » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Anybody know some forums that run campaigns through posts or something? Just looking for something to do when i'm bored.
Platinum Templars
Win(26) Loss(5) Draw(1)

thade
Veteran

Re: Forum based rpg campaigns

Postby thade » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:55 am

I recommend reading books. <3 They're cheap, durable, and very portable. Also, fun...as you get all the story you'd want roleplaying with nobody trying to insist "Hey, I'm Gandalf, not you!" "No, I'm more awesome!" Also, forum-based roleplaying is very slow and I've never seen nor heard of it being done well.

Just my two cents.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:03 am

It happens on rpg.net all the time, and often runs for very long periods of time. I haven't done it there myself, but a lot of the members have good things to say about it. That said, you kind of need to already be a presence on the site to get accepted in to a play by post game. They fill up quickly and most people running them will take their pick of applicants rather than first-come-first-serve it.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Cygnus
Whiteshield

Postby Cygnus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 pm

book? what is a book? (lol, i actually read quite a lot)

and thanks kowal. I'll check that out, hopefully i may get lucky and get into one.
Platinum Templars
Win(26) Loss(5) Draw(1)

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:45 pm

I used to belong to the SWC, Star Wars Club. They had a nice system set up, with players and GMs for all sorts of different factions (mainly Imperial and New Republic). It seems like that imploded since last I was there (about six/seven years ago), and now they just provide boards, but you have to find your own groups. It's www.swc.org. Or, at least it used to be.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Return to “RPGs”