Do you mix in non-FoW minis?

A 15mm game that lets you refight the battles of World War II and Vietnam
Whiterook
Recruit

Do you mix in non-FoW minis?

Postby Whiterook » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi everyone....I'm new to the forum. I was wondering how many (if any) of you mix in non-FoW miniatures into your OOB?

To be honest, I started with Axis & Allies Miniatures, and still have a huge OOB. I hated the whole collectible miniatures marketing-strategy however; plus, there were some cool units just plain not available to A&AM, so I started picking up a few Flames of War minis and got hooked on the superior quality in comparison to A&AM. I then started supplimenting the whole overall OOB with Old Glory Command Decision miniatures, which I think are pretty darned good....better than A&AM for my tastes, anyway. So, I now have a mixed bag of tricks.

What about you?
"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" General George S. Patton, Jr.

http://www.militarywargaming.com/

Tex
Whiteshield

Re: Do you mix in non-FoW minis?

Postby Tex » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:48 pm

I have a few non-FOW models but that is due to the fact that I really like their range. In historic gaming, as long as it is the right scale no one will mind. It really comes down to personal taste.
Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

Whiterook
Recruit

Re: Do you mix in non-FoW minis?

Postby Whiterook » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:35 pm

The is certainly true on the range....FoW has an awesome selection. I have to admit though...on the personal taste part....I like Axis & Allies Miniatures' infantry better, from a shear looks perspective; but I think the FoW infantry are better construction. I still can't get past the "cartoonish" look of the FoW infantry.
"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" General George S. Patton, Jr.

http://www.militarywargaming.com/

Return to “Flames of War”