Total Forces

A 15mm game that lets you refight the battles of World War II and Vietnam
Slanted
Whiteshield

Total Forces

Postby Slanted » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:43 am

Hey I am just wondering what is the total amount of Flames of War stuff that everyone in the club/forum has. I was thinking of trying to plan a Total War (technical term for a FoW mega-battle) when I get back in February. If you want the rules for Total War (And some other cool stuff) you can download them at the Flames of War website here:

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx ... _cat_id=23

I have about 3,200 in a glorious Soviet Tank Battalion with some Air Support.
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance- Joseph Stalin

Tex
Whiteshield

Re: Total Forces

Postby Tex » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:55 am

I have about 4k points in Germans, 3K in Americans, and at least 6k in Russian (more if I use my American tanks as Lend-Lease). I would be up for a mega-battle.
Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:49 pm

I dont play FoW but I ask for enough notice so I can watch and perhaps take pictures.
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:57 am

I can field between 2K and 3K of Americans; most likely more by February if I put my mind to it.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

ahh_Its_A_Trap
Whiteshield

Postby ahh_Its_A_Trap » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:11 am

I have 2k of Germans and I'm hoping to expand it to 3k by that time...
~The Terrain Guy~

Slanted
Whiteshield

Postby Slanted » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:26 am

Alright, good to see that we have a good amount of both sides. With the way that the points are playing out it sounds like it would be wiser to go with a battle on the western front. I also know some more people that are planning on building some more flames of war forces and will (hopefully) have some stuff by February.

Totaled up it looks like that 7k (counting Trap's extra 1,000 that he wants to build) Germans and roughly 5-6k of Americans but all the people that I know that are building new armies are all American or British (Kinne and Lavigne respectively) and if they can get some forces up and running then we would have a good 7,000 point limit for both sides. Kasserine Pass for Middle War seems like a good choice and Battle of Bulge or Arnhem for late war are both wonderful options.
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance- Joseph Stalin

ahh_Its_A_Trap
Whiteshield

Postby ahh_Its_A_Trap » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:01 am

I already had plans to make a lot of battle of the bulge style terrain too. I should have a good amount of it finished by that time...
~The Terrain Guy~

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:53 am

I have a midwar English Armored Company, could probably be put together for Feb. Something like 2000 pts.

No idea how to play, but I could try.

~J

Whiterook
Recruit

Postby Whiterook » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:51 pm

I'm afraid I am just on the cusp of FoW and have only supplimented my miniatures collection with some to this point, but I find it a fascinating system. I am so busy with other systems that I haven't pulled th trigger on this system yet....notie I said, "yet" :lol:
"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" General George S. Patton, Jr.

http://www.militarywargaming.com/

Return to “Flames of War”