TFL session 2

Discussions and events for the Wyrd Miniatures skirmish game Malifaux
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

TFL session 2

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:53 pm

So here are the current standings going into Session 2 as well as pairings for the first game of session 2.

Brandon 6TP +6 diff 14VP
Jonah 6 TP +6 diff 14 vp
Atticus 3TP +7 diff 14vp
Kevin 3TP +7 diff 14vp
Jason 3 TP +5 diff 14vp
John 3TP -4 diff 8vp
Josh 0TP -11 diff 5vp
Corwin 0TP -18 diff 2vp

Very interesting since 5 of the 8 players currently have 14vp scored over 2 games.

Pairings for session 2 game 1 are:

Brandon v. Jonah
Kevin v. Atticus
Jason v. John
Josh v. Corwin

Games for this session are:
Collect the bounty

Corner Deployment

claim jump
frame for murder
last stand
covert breakthrough
hunting party

Good Luck, and have fun!
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Corwin
Veteran

Re: TFL session 2

Postby Corwin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:08 am

Josh my next available day is Monday Oct 9th, I can also do that Friday through Sunday.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:16 am

Sandeep was taking his class of Mages for a walk when he came across Luicus and all his Nephilim Associates and a giant teddy bear. Luicus (and not much else) walked away with the win.

Luicus 9-Sandeep 5
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Breaking News! Dr. Douglas McMourning is a Resser Sympathizer!
Our brave Nellie Cochrane was out investigating a lead on some suspected Ressurectionist activity on the outskirts of Malifaux, when she was approached by the kind Dr. He the proceeded to murder in cold blood Francisco Ortega and a Peacekeeper who were protecting our Editor in Chief. Thankfully Phiona Gage and an executioner arrived just in time to rescue Nellie. The fearless Phiona buried her trusty pick ax in Mcmourning's skull. However by the time the guild guard arrived to claim the body, Dr. McMourning's body was nowhere to be found. His companion Sebastian is wanted for questioning.

Kevin 7
Atticus 5
Wyrd Henchman

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:36 am

Brandon and I played our game last night. I won, 7 to 5.

We had a game of crazy luck. Some huge swings early on with black jokes and red jokers at some fairly impactful moments. Perhaps the best example was Perdita moving and shooting to kill a Primordial Magic for Hunting Party. And it was vital, as the Magic was the only model the scheme applied to. I flipped a black joker with Perdita, but Brandon flipped the same with the Primordial Magic! Resulting in the Magic being hit, and taking lethal damage.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:16 pm

This may be the last round where swiss pairings are possible, but from here on I will do my best to keep pairings as even as possible.
Remember for the second round of session 2, the strat/schemes and deployment are the same as game 1.
Pairings for session 2 round 2 are:

Jonah v. John
Kevin v. Brandon
Atticus v. Corwin
Josh v. Jason

If John and Jason draw, Jason plays Jonah and John plays Josh because Jason had higher tie breakers after the first session. Feel free to get the session 2 games in at any time during October. The earlier they are played, the earlier I can make session 3 pairings.

Good luck to everyone!
Wyrd Henchman

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Atticus when would you be available to get our game in. I can't do Tuesday, Wednesday , Thursday for the rest of the month. I also can't do this Saturday

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:46 pm

I'm not entirely sure who I'm playing. Who was the loser of John and Jason's game?

In any case I can do Tues/Wed/Thurs after 5:30pm easily enough, hit me up on facebook or here. 8-)

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:57 pm

To my knowledge they have not played yet. I think they are playing this week. I will update when I have the results.
Wyrd Henchman

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:42 am

John and I are playing Wednesday. I also played Jonah during session 1. It's possible we'd play again so soon?
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Return to “Malifaux”