TFL session 1

Discussions and events for the Wyrd Miniatures skirmish game Malifaux
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

TFL session 1

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:14 pm

Here are the round one pairings for the TFL. I will also post the strat and schemes in this thread as well.
Corwin Castonguay v. Kevin
John B v. Josh Gajda
Jason v. Jonah Zimmerman
Atticus Porter v. Brandon MacDonald

Standard Deployment
Guard the Stash
Shemes: Leave your mark, Dig their graves, Hidden trap, Undercover entourage, Show of force (I did not flip these and I do realize there is no always scheme)
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Re: TFL session 1

Postby Solicitor 6 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:40 am

It was a tense meeting as Ironsides (Josh), leader of the M&SU and Kaeris (John), chief of the Aracnists fiercely debated over how to best use a recently acquired lot of soulstones. Soon the long simmering conflict over who Ramos meant to be in charge of everything boiled over and the lines were drawn between Toni's cool-headed academics and Kaeris's passionate devotees.

At the end, passion ruled the day as Kaeris's crew showed there is no counter for crazy. And fire, lots of fire.

John 6
Josh 4
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:12 pm

It was an uncomfortable amount of fire, and the crazed maniac throwing dynamite didn't help.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 am

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

I played my game with Corwin today. Nellie spread the truth about Lucius and finally got the Guild to agree that he was a Neverborn sympathizer. While the Guild couldnt publically go after Lucius they allowed Nellie to hire a group of mercenaries to hunt him down. In the end, Nellie's trusted accomplice took out Lucius as he tried to make an escape.

Nellie 10
Lucius 2
Wyrd Henchman

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:02 am

A mysterious informant approached Perdita to tell her of a lost shipment of witched bullets just east of Fortune Falls. With the Guild's resources stretched quite thin, Latigo was running low on ammo, and she set out with Francisco and Papa to retrieve the lost shipment, leaving Santiago to change Abuela's bed pans.

The same informant approached Asami, telling her of ancient artifacts that could reduce the influence of the Oni raging through her mind. They were hidden at a spot just east of Fortune Falls. She set out at once, Amajaku whispering that she was making a mistake the whole time.

Incidentally, they both arrived at the same time. making a mad dash to secure the caches. Bullets rained as onis sprung forth from their mother's maw, desperately trying to protect Asami from a hail of gunfire. Ototo and Francisco beat each other senseless, trying to claim it was all just a flesh wound before both fell in the crossfire. As Asami watched her companions be gunned down, herself suffering from a bullet wound and an executioner's claws, she desperately called forth the most vile of the onis, two Jorogumo, in a last ditch effort to stem the tide of bullets. Whether out of courage or pure madness, Papa Loco took both Jorogumo to hell with him, miraculously missing his daughter, who was caught in the middle of the blasts. FInally, Perdita and company were able to gun down this mysterious new enemy who spit abominations out of her head, truly a sight more vile than many of the Neverborn horrors who had fallen before her six gun. As her pistolero and the executioner opened the strange cylindrical cabinets, they found only Teddy bears that began to grow...

Jonah's Perdita triumphed over my Asami 9-4
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:33 am

It was a great game too! About 4 hours of careful Malifaux. While it started quick and with attacks on both sides, it was very hard to remove a model. For both of us. Especially Francisco and Ototo, both wounded around turn 1, and then sticking around while surrounded by enemies for the 2nd turn, finally falling in the 3rd.

Side note, the slander against the Ortega family is real! Calling Perdita a whip may tread the line between nickname and harsh description, but Abuela has bad knees, but no need for bed pans! With such negativity, no wonder Perdita decided to shoot Asami on sight!

I say good day!
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:38 am

Pairings for the second round of the first session:
Kevin v. Jonah
John v. Brandon
Josh v. Atticus
Jason v. Corwin

Remember this game uses the same strat and schemes as the last one. I will post a full break down of scores once this round is complete and session 2 is posted.
Wyrd Henchman

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Hey Jason would you like to get our game in tomorrow on Sunday, at 1:30 or so?
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Sorry, I missed that, Corwin. I just got a new job and work from 1-10 Thursday through Monday. I guess each session lasts a month? My wife and I are needing to get ready to move this week so it probably won't be great, but I can do either Tuesday or Wednesday next week handily. Do either of those days work for you? What time?
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:19 pm

How about Wednesday the 27th at 6?
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Return to “Malifaux”