Interesting direction for PP

For those of you who like to "Play like you've got a pair."
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Interesting direction for PP

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:30 pm

It looks like PP realizes they really screwed some stuff up with mkIII. They really over compensated for things that were over powerful in mkII to the point of making them entirely un competitive so they released their first errata to help repair that. Skorne will be getting an errata to help them as well, but the biggest change going forward is an open play testing. They will be releaseing rules for upcoming models early to get player feedback before moving forward. While I think this could be a great move my fear will be a constant state of playtesting. While PP does not have large unexpected releases like GW, they still release 2 major books per year which could mean considerable playtesting time during the year.

I am really hopeful that this will work out well for them.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Interesting direction for PP

Postby Dez » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Yeah this does not bode well...but anyone can pull out of a tailspin, ask GW :)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Re: Interesting direction for PP

Postby J Rzasa » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:23 pm

Mk2 had a giant playtest like Malifaux did. MK3 did not. I was a little surprised by this.

I think they realized that MK2 wasn't marketable to a wider audience, and tried to address that. I appreciate that. They realized that MK3 wasn't balanced enough, and are working to fix that. I appreciate that too. Going to be interesting to see where this goes.

~J

Return to “Warmachine/Hordes”