Farm league - Mud Bowl Season 3 Sign up

hordeling
Whiteshield

Farm league - Mud Bowl Season 3 Sign up

Postby hordeling » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:33 pm

HOLY CRAP!!!! More Blood Bowl.

You all know how this works, blood bowl is cool, blood bowl is fun, anyone not playing blood bowl is incorrect. Get your butt into the PVBBL the way the champs do it, play in the farm league so you have a real team when the actual league starts. I was going to do my usual super hypey hype post, but then i realized, i don't need it anymore. You all know about the PVBBL at this point because the cheers of joy and screams of terror and regret chased people out of the store last year. If you want to have that much, the mud bowl is the way to start.

here's the info dump (cut and paste from last year cause i'm too excited to type more), any additional questions, just ask:

The Mud Bowl, aka the farm league, is a way to get new teams and new players into the ongoing, excessively epic and thrilling, Pioneer Valley Blood Bowl League. Teams entered in the farm league come out the other end counting as an experienced team, and get the benefits of having played a full season of the valley league.

There is almost no commitment in the farm league and we strongly encourage you test the waters in the Mud Bowl before you jump into the valley cup (the valley cup has a lot of scheduling, work that goes into it, and content...oh god the content...and players dropping cause they don't actually like blood bowl or because they aren't winning is really disruptive to other players). The rules are make a team (or 2 or 3, you can enter up to 3 teams), right out of the rule book, play at least 3 games (all games must be vs. different opponents) in the 4 weeks (they can all be on the same day for all we care), top 4 win percentages make the play-offs (tie breakers go to more games played), no entry fee.

If you don't know how to play blood bowl, this is the time the veteran players make time to help new players. The vets often play silly or sub-par teams in the farm league (unless they have some epic plan they need to kick off). If you don't own a team, there are teams to borrow, and we can help you put one together from junk you have lying around if necessary.

The league will run from july 15th to at least the 12th of august, finals will be scheduled once players involved are determined but will likely be the 15th.

This is mainly a fun league, but the valley league is pretty intense, so don't be afraid to use the farm league to set yourself up for that, no one will hold competitiveness against you. That being said, blood bowl is designed to be a test your skill game, where you match wits with another person, but it is also whimsical and light hearted, be prepared for a challenge, but don't be a jerk. Trash talk is encouraged but poutyface whiners, sore winners and losers alike, can go play with the halflings, only half of the people in each game get to win, and some people won't win at all. The usual formula is trash talk pre-and during game, talk strategy and team development after. Focus on the long haul, build a great team through struggle and loss, or luck and victory. You can make a poutyface if your beloved star player gets murdered though, that's just a tragedy, a wonderful, hilarious tragedy.

I will make myself available for demos if you schedule a day or two in advance and i don't have a separate league going on. Feel free to ask questions here or in person. If you are a veteran player feel free to add some hype up in this thread.

There are a few experimental rosters going in as well, i will appreciate any feedback on these rosters before we allow them in the actual league. I am, however, restricting these rosters to people who have made a play-off game in the past, for obvious reasons.

if you want to sign up, you can do so now, but there is no cap, so no rush. Did i miss anything?

If we end up with more than 12 players, the top 1/3 rounded down to the nearest even number will be in the play-offs, only 1 team may be in the play-offs per person, so if you have 2 that make it you have to pick one. Experimental rosters will have to turn in opponents' assessments from at least half of their games before being allowed in the play-offs. players will need to hand in their team rosters and do retention at the end of the season in a timely manner for their team to be 'saved' in the league.

If you still need to turn in your sheet from last season let me know.

player - Team name - team - how to contact (or in person, obviously)

Josh - The Conglomerate International Corporate Logos (tm) - Chaos Pact - jbenard1212@gmail
Josh - The Waiffu Ninjas - Saanesh (experimental) - jbenard1212@gmail
Kevin Wall- Baahstone Brawlers -chaos - wallk583@gmail.com
Jason Hurley - Sin City Bungles - Humans - hurley.jason.w@gmail.com
Robert Eng - Lothern Seahawks - High Elf - bubbaeng@gmail.com
Allan Jenkinson - The Unwashed Greenskins - Orcs - verbena76@hotmail.com
Anthony Albano- Swamp Harbor Lashers- Slann - ???
Anthony Charette - IceHawks - Wood Elfs - ???
Keith Hart - Atlantian Gronks - Orcs - khartpfs@gmail.com
Natasha Wall - ??? - Amazons - Pupilot@rocketmail.com
Bob Kuzmeski - Mistywood Griffinslayers - ??? - ???
Ben Kowal - Suplex Atómicos - Luchadors - ???
Shawn Callan - Stumpy Mountaineers the pre-sequel - dorfs - scallan74@me.com
Steve - Furry and Flacid - Skaven - Wildborr on the forums
Stephan - ??? - lizards - stephenHupfer@gmail.com
Jen - Kamikazzee War Goblins - goblins - rogue_0@yahoo.com
Gwen - Pie Elfs - High Elfs - discombobulationary@hotmail.com
Last edited by hordeling on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Why hasn't anyone invented good rocket skates yet?

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Farm league - Mud Bowl Season 3 Sign up

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Kevin Wall- Baahstone Brawlers-chaos-wallk583@gmail.com
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:28 am

HYPE!

I don't have anything clever to write here. Anything clever was beaten out of my skull in my playing days, which is why I turned to coaching.

Suplex Atómicos (Luchadors!)

I'll throw the test roster up here later today if I get a chance. I'm also planning to play more than one team but this one's set in stone.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Officer_Nasty
Recruit

Postby Officer_Nasty » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:59 pm

Jason Hurley - Sin City Bungles - Humans - hurley.jason.w@gmail.com
"Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning."

G-Bread
Whiteshield

Postby G-Bread » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:13 pm

Anthony Albano- Swamp Harbor Lashers- Slann
You have been Governated!

netgeist
Veteran

Postby netgeist » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:19 am

Bob Kuzmeski - Mistywood Griffinslayers

G-Bread
Whiteshield

Postby G-Bread » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:58 pm

Bob, you owe me a tie breaker from last season. My Lashers want to see your Griffinslayers at some point!
You have been Governated!

netgeist
Veteran

Postby netgeist » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:54 pm

I will gladly face you on the pitch, good sir!

netgeist
Veteran

Postby netgeist » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:41 pm

Having thought this through, I am actually retrating my team from the league. I've got too much going on right now and have become a massive flake. I don't want people to count on me for games and then let them down.

Hopefully I can get some crap cleared up for next season.

- netgeist

Verbena76
Recruit

Postby Verbena76 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:36 am

Allan Jenkinson - The Unwashed Greenskins - Orcs - verbena76@hotmail.com

Return to “Bloodbowl”