Comic Books

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Comic Books

Postby orkwarboss » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:13 am

I have a pile of comics I havent touched in years and Im looking to move them. I can use some help sorting them out into story lines. Short of reading them all.....is there anyone here with some knowledge of comics who can help? I have 1 long ox and 1 short box.

Thanks,

Jason
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

madvitale
Whiteshield

Re: Comic Books

Postby madvitale » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:31 pm

i have extensive background in comics. what years / publishers do they cover?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:46 pm

Same boat as Mike :)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:46 am

Ok. Some quick info now. More detailed later.

Big collections: Punisher, GI Joe, Hitman and Deadpool. A small set of Superman issues for when he 'died'. A handful of one offs for whatever reason.

Hitman is consecutive issues so there should be no issues there.
I'm missing Deadpool number 3 but that's also consecutive.

Punisher is missing lots of issues and has several spinoffs so I'll need help there.
Same with GI Joe.

I'd like to keep the GI Joes and get the graphic novels to fill in the gaps I'm missing IF it turns out to be the same line of issues. I will be keeping the Punisher Armoury issues. Almost all the rest are to be moved.
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

madvitale
Whiteshield

Postby madvitale » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:06 am

You can get a price guide and get an idea of what your books are rated by the 'experts'. A LOT depends on the condition of the books. As what you list is considered 'recent' material, unless it has been kept close to the condition when you bought it, you may find it difficult to realize much.

Assuming the books are in good shape, your best bet is to check on eBay. You can look at individual issues or groups to see what folks are getting for them. eBay is the 'ultimate arbiter' because that is where the real money changes hands. Dealers will give you doodly squat for them, so if you have an eBay account and cover your shipping, that is what I would recommend.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Return to “Off Topic”